Options

Create Items for buying and selling, but with different prices for each?

ConciegeConciege Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone.
Im basically trying to log in an item that I receive in a bill from my vendor with one price, and then log in the same item in an invoice to a customer with another price.
I tried selecting the option to buy and sell the same item, but when I change the price, it changes the price in both the sale and buy accounts.
I need to show the price I bought it for and the price I am selling it for. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    MrsBlingCMrsBlingC Member Posts: 1

@Conciege said:
    Hello everyone.
    Im basically trying to log in an item that I receive in a bill from my vendor with one price, and then log in the same item in an invoice to a customer with another price.
    I tried selecting the option to buy and sell the same item, but when I change the price, it changes the price in both the sale and buy accounts.
    I need to show the price I bought it for and the price I am selling it for. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

I would love to know how to best do this as well, as I run into the same thing in my business!

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Conciege and @MrsBlingC !

While you can set a product to be available to both buy and sell, the prices of these cannot be different. I would recommend creating separate products or services under both Sales > Products & Services and Purchases > Product & Servicesto record the different amounts that you are looking to include on your bills and invoices. I hope this helps!