Pausing Payments by Wave

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imagePausing Payments by Wave

Pausing Payments by Wave
Once you are fully set up with Payments by Wave you have two options for pausing this feature.

You can toggle Payments On/Off on individual invoices directly from your Inv...

Read the full story here

edited December 3, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• ashipkaashipka Member Posts: 3

How do I disconnect payments? I cannot figure this out.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @ashipka! You should be able to do this via your Wave account in a web browser. You'd want to head over to Settings (bottom of the menu on the left side) and then go to Payments. There you can turn off Credit Card and Bank/ACH. Doing so will ask if you want to apply this to all existing invoices, which you can click. This will turn off payments for anything that hasn't been paid yet, and any invoice you create until you change the settings.

• SophieCookSophieCook Member Posts: 1
    The only options that I am getting are:
    ---
    Payments by Wave
    Payments by Wave is powered by Stripe. Manage the connection here. (link to Stripe)
    Manage account (link to Stripe)
    Disconnect account
    ---
    I'm not getting the toggle switches or Bank/ACH options.
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @SophieCook, thanks for reaching out. Wave currently only offers in house payment processing to our users in North America. For our users in some other countries we have partnered with Stripe. This integration means that Wave takes care of the bookkeeping and Stripe handles the processing, timelines & fees. Stripe only offers credit card processing, which is why that is the only option you are seeing. I hope that explains things.

• ILPILP Member Posts: 8

Is there any way to toggle Payments on/off by customer? Most of our customers are not interested in paying online and would rather give us a check. It would be much easier for us & them if the paying online information were not present at all on the invoice. And it would be much easier for us if we didn't have to manually turn it off for each invoice (since right now, that represents the majority of our invoices). If there were a way to change the setting at the customer level so Wave would just remember which customers to include that info and which customers to omit it, that would be wonderful.

I'm assuming that this isn't possible, but figured I'd ask, just in case I'd missed a setting somewhere. Or, to submit it as a future feature request.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@ILP Love to see your interaction in our forums! You are correct - this isn't being offered right now. But love the initiative and thinking you have - keep it up!

• FECFEC Member Posts: 1

I am trying to archive a business under my wave account. I did every steps that were advised but when I go to archive it, there is a notification to disconnect your payments account. I have tried doing this 3-4 times but I am getting the same error every single time. These are the steps I did to disconnect my payments account 1) go to settings 2) click on the payments tab under sales 3) toggled both credit card and banks to be on off mode 4) reload the page before archiving. Is there anything else I need to do or if it is a glitch on your system? Thank you so much for your help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @FEC! Thanks for reaching out here. I'm afraid you are running into a known issue that prevents a business from being archived. If you have a long list of businesses, what I can suggest is to rename the business through the Business Toggle in the top left corner > Manage Your Profile > Businesses > then click the Pencil Icon to edit and rename the Business you wish to archive. Most users will rename it to "Z" or something similar so it appears lowest on the list. On the Businesses Page you will also want to click the Star button beside another business to make that your 'Primary Business' in Wave. I'm sorry about any inconvenience this causes.

• MiraculaMiracula Member Posts: 4

Same issue as @FEC. Please fix.

• RobinSRobinS Member Posts: 13

If I have payments turned on for my account and issue a number of invoices and then turn off payments - for the invoices already issued and not yet paid (where the PDF copies sent to customers had the pay online option), what happens if 1 of these customers attempts to pay by credit card?
    Also if payments are turned off and in the above scenario a payment can be made - are the payments still transferred automatically to the designated bank account?

Thanks
    Robin

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @robinsapiro , thanks for your message! If you turn off payments on the invoice, or in Settings > Payments, the invoice will no longer be able to receive payments, so you will be all set!