Bulk transfer of transactions?

geobeckgeobeck Member Posts: 3

It looks like I entered a couple hundred transactions under "Personal" that I should have entered under my wife's business (I'm an Editor). Is there a way to transfer all of these transactions?

edited December 5, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @geobeck! Short answer: yes, but it can be a little messy.

So, what you'd want to do is head over to Settings > Data Export on the account which has these transactions, and export the transactional data. This is going to be a full pull of all the transactions, so it will also be bringing in transactions you do not necessarily want to move over. You'll have to pare down the CSV file to just contain the transactions you want, which you can then import into your wife's account via Accounting > Transactions, Upload Bank Statement.

This definitely will be a bit manual, but it should be a little quicker than re-typing the transactions one by one. I'm sorry this will still require a fair amount of work though. I've attached an article about the CSV process here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621626-Upload-a-bank-or-credit-card-statement-in-csv-format

• geobeckgeobeck Member Posts: 3

Thanks. This should make the process much easier.