How do I ensure my invoice income isn't duplicated?

2»

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @EliezerJeremias , if you're getting paid through Wave Payments you don't actually want to merge or delete these transactions as the automatic transfers which are taking place are properly accounting for your income. Check out how this works in our Bookkeeping Wave Payments Help Center article.

• EliezerEliezer Member Posts: 4

Thank you for the clarification. The only question that I still have is y it is needed to have it twice in the system that can look like a duplicate, y not merge the two so it will make bookkeeping a lot easier?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Eliezer with all of those entries, we're able to track when you're paid, and then when the money actually hits your bank account. If there was only a single entry, your reconciliation dates would be off because we would be showing when the invoice was paid and not when it's deposited into your bank account (thus being mismatched with your bank statement).

• EliezerJeremiasEliezerJeremias Member Posts: 5
    That makes sense. Thanks
  • ramatsuramatsu Member Posts: 6

What is the advantage of merging over deleting all but one of the duplicates?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @ramatsu !

Merging can help prevent you from deleting incorrect transactions by mistake. When merging transactions, they need to match.