Options

Input tax calculation for receipts

GreystarGreystar Member Posts: 3

Hi. When I enter a receipt and select normal vat, why doesn't it automatically calculate the vat content of the total value?

Surely this is a very straightforward feature and saves having to calculate the vat content of every entry?

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Greystar, that is a great question. I'm going to submit a feature request for this functionality now. Especially since the tax amount can be overridden and input on the transactions page if it deviates from a regular percentage, it would make things easier if receipts calculated the tax value for you.

• Options
    TazjamezTazjamez Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Where is this at? I would have thought the same as the original poster.
  • Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Tazjamez , thanks for your message here. Our Receipts feature has admittedly been placed on the back burner as the team worked to migrate from our old accounting platform to the new over the past couple of years. Now that the migration is done, we're able to look into improving accounting features like Receipts once again. Right now, the team does not have this feature change on the product's road map as we focus on improving other areas of the accounting product.

As well, for context: this thread is a little out of date in the sense that the Community is no longer a feature request forum. That is to say that the feature ideas presented here by visiting Community posters aren't necessarily going to be brought to fruition, but rather can be a discussion among users - and a point of reference for our product teams as they consider new areas to grow in future! Thanks for sharing your feedback here!