The disappearing Memo entries (on payment screen)

eliteacchkeliteacchk Member Posts: 31

When I record a payment by cheque to a vendor, I need to enter the cheque number for reference BUT Wave does not have a field for capturing this vital information(!), so I thought I could enter it in the Memo section of the screen.

After posting, I would run Account Transaction report for the bank account to review and edit these payments because I think it should show more info than just "Bill Payment" in report but the Memo entries I entered when I made the payments are no where to be found.

So is Memo field not the same as the Notes field in the Transaction Details? If not, where did the Memo entries go?

Comments

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hey @eliteacchk, the Memo is currently only stored on the Bill itself (where you will see a summary of payments made). Each payment record on the Bill will display the recorded memo.

For now, you can add the cheque number to the transaction itself after it is created, but I will definitely bring this up to the Product Team as it is a good suggestion moving forward! Thank you for chiming in!

• stevewirelessstevewireless Member Posts: 1

Well it has been a while with no updates. Let me know if I am mistaken but there is a memo section when a bill is paid. Great place to add a check number when recording a manual payment. Why is this box there?? There is no way to pull that information up again. It appears to be a waste of time typing anything there. I guess you have to type on the transaction. Please remove box for inputs or have it do something.