The tax information we have on file in your Payments by Wave account was not recognized by the IRS.

KEphotoKEphoto Member Posts: 3

I got this Phishy email and wondering if it is real. I didn't click on any link but came to the Setting page here and there is no such thing.

"The tax information we have on file in your Payments by Wave account was not recognized by the IRS." etc. etc.

The only thing similar searching Tax ID takes us to something to do with Payroll - which we don't have. On a basic account I can't even figure out there the Tax ID goes in the settings - if there is one.

Comments

• KEphotoKEphoto Member Posts: 3

These are the only settings we see.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @KEphoto, that is email is from us and not a phishing scam. A number of our users received it today however so, we're currently investigating 1) the validity of the error, and 2) which tax information actually needs updating versus what doesn't. It could just be false flag in our system, as in several cases we've seen so far, the details have already been correctly entered.

We'll reach out if we need to update you, or to request any action on your part. That being said, if you receive a follow up and want to confirm that it too is not a phishing email, feel free to reach out. It's better to be safe than sorry in these cases.