Options

Remove Country from Address on Invoice

TNYTNY Member Posts: 3

The "Country" field of the vendor address is set on default by Wave on the invoice.
How do I remove it?

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @TNY, to remove this you should be able to select the 'Edit customer' below the customer data when editing the invoice, and then navigate through the tabs to remove the country. It should allow you to put in a blank ('select country') as this section is optional. Then, going forward, this should not show on the invoices.

• Options

Thanks, I was referring to the company address that appears in the invoice. There does not seem to be an option to remove the country from the company address.

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @TNY at this time, this is not possible in Wave. Would it be alright if asked for a particular reason for the removal of the country? I'd love to bring this up with our Product Team so that they can look into implementing this in the future.

• Options

Hi Erik,
    All of my clients are in the same city, province, and country. It looks very odd to have the country listed on the invoice.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @TNY thanks for sharing that insight!

• Options
    AKGeekAKGeek Member Posts: 5

I would like to add that for us we do not wish to accept checks and having the address on the invoice would encourage people to send checks even though the pay online option is so clear.

• Options
    coldsweatcoldsweat Member Posts: 3

@erik I would also like the option to remove the country & province/state as well!!

For some reason Wave is throwing City, State & Postal Code onto the same line on my invoices & TBH is looks like junk.... 'Grimsby,North East Lincolnshire DN31 XXX' all on one line.

In the UK an official postal address does not use the County (State), but Wave insists I have it. Please Help????

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

@AKGeek @coldsweat thanks for chiming in!

For now, you should be able to edit your business profile and omit some of your location details. You can do this by clicking Edit your business address and contact details in the header section on the Edit Invoice page.

@coldsweat at this time, you are correct in saying that your account is required to have a country and province/state. I appreciate you bringing extra detail into this conversation; this is definitely something I can bring up to the team's attention.

In the meantime, you should be able to separate Grimsby from the rest of the address like this:

You can also technically separate the postal code in a similar fashion, but it would appear right after Grimsby:

• Options
    coldsweatcoldsweat Member Posts: 3

No cigar there unfortunately - The address also uses line 1 & 2 and so currently looks something like.....

AnyCompany Ltd.
    Lincs House
    123 High Street
    Grimsby,North East Lincolnshire,DN31 2XX
    United Kingdom

But officially should be....

AnyCompany Ltd.
    Lincs House
    123 High Street
    Grimsby
    DN31 2XX
    England

Hope that helps!

edited January 11, 2019
  • Options
    IgorIgor Member Posts: 2

Unless you do business abroad, nobody lists the country in UK

• Options
    martinzmartinz Member Posts: 1

This is a big problem—including the country makes my invoices look very amateurish. As a consultant, I really guard against anything that would appear unprofessional to a client. I’m sure it seems like a small point, but it may be a dealbreaker for me.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @martinz . For full transparency, I don't think this is something that is on the roadmap for our developers right now. I totally understand and value your perspective here and for this reason, we wouldn't want you to do anything that would affect your business negatively.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

• Options
    RMTRMT Member Posts: 1

This is unfortunate. I hope it get added. I know it's annoying, as developer myself, to say "this should be an easy task," but, well, it should be an easy task. Even if the internal system requires a business to have a Country associated, it should at least be easy to have the option to not display this field on an invoice.

As others have said, I never send invoices outside my country, and its amateur hour to have "UNITED STATES" below my address, as if my clients don't know California is in the United States.

• Options
    KelKel Member Posts: 1

Hi Wave. Thanks for all you guys do and allowing our business to run successfully. I do think the Country option is worth noting, just because most small businesses would generally not trade beyond a State, moreso a country. So its more of a superfluous field. As another example, in Australia states are identified by abbreviations (e.g. NSW) so with putting all the words in makes the business details of the invoice very longwinded.

Anyway, I understand that you cant please everyone and need a consistent approach to rolling the platform out globally. If this changes could be considered it would be great.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kel! Thank you for your kind and understanding approach to this situation. Your context here is great to have, and I can assure you that the feedback you've provided is a great tool for our developers to use when considering what changes to the platform to work on next. We appreciate you!

• Options
    SamMSamM Member Posts: 2

I get around this(in United States) by putting nothing in the "country" and "state" fields, but instead put city and state together in the "city" field like it would show for a normal United States address. Example:

And it now looks like this:

Not sure if this will have desired result in all features of Wave or other countries. But it at least works for me for now.

• Options
    SamMSamM Member Posts: 2

Another thing that could be fixed in Wave, that my work around also resolves, is that in the United States you don't spell out the whole state in the address. Wave does. It's abbreviated to two capitalized letters. FL=Florida. CA=California. Looks weird when it's fully spelled out on the invoice.

• Options
    waveuser007waveuser007 Member Posts: 1

I'd like to add to the call to have the option to remove COUNTRY from invoices. Very rarely needed for small businesses, and looks highly unprofessional. Thank you!

• Options
    WatchMeSqueezeWatchMeSqueeze Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I concur with all of these fine people. We must be able to remove the country, my invoice is the face of my company that asks for money... it needs to be perfect!
    And that shouldn’t be too difficult, right?
  • Options
    LiamHLiamH Member Posts: 1

Given that there has been no change since this was raised over 2 years ago now I assume that Wave isn't planning on letting users remove the country from invoices? Shame as its pretty good other than the lack of customisation but unfortunately think I'll have to look elsewhere for the new financial year as Wave's invoices look pretty amateur with this.

• Options
    ReneeVetReneeVet Member Posts: 1

Hi- I am also new to wave and having this issue. If it is not going to be corrected then I may have to change also. It looks ridiculous to list United States as part of my business address when all of my business is local. Please change it! Otherwise I would be happy with the service.

• Options
    mitchfxmitchfx Member Posts: 2

@SamM said:
    Another thing that could be fixed in Wave, that my work around also resolves, is that in the United States you don't spell out the whole state in the address. Wave does. It's abbreviated to two capitalized letters. FL=Florida. CA=California. Looks weird when it's fully spelled out on the invoice.

I totally agree!!! I'm located in a state where people often guess the abbreviation wrong (AR vs AK for Arkansas), so having it clearly written that way in the invoice is very important. Here in the US we never spell out the full state's name. There needs to be control for this.

• Options
    CorCor Member Posts: 7

Another vote for this, with an addition. We need default invoice settings and perhaps per-invoice overrides like there are for other options to accommodate:
    1. Display the business address country on invoices or not
    2. Enable state abbreviations or not
    3. Show customer contact name or not

It looks messy to have our business and the customers shown as:
    Company Name
    P.O. Box 1234
    City, South Carolina 99999
    United States

instead of:
    Company Name
    P.O. Box 1234
    City, SC 99999

Additionally, for the third option I'm suggesting if your customer name IS a person's name, it is redundant to have the contact name listed on the invoice as well. We set this up as customer name = informal names and contact name is formal legal names from property tax records. It's handy to have the formal names available since legally that is who we must bill, but in the case we know they go by a shorthand name, we include that as the customer name.

Without this option Wave gives us this:
    Mike & Suzy Smith
    Michael R & Susanne D Smith

That looks ridiculous!

• Options
    DidiekpoDidiekpo Member Posts: 2

Hello Wave team, thank you for the great work so far.

Please I need help with changing the country to reflect the country my business is currently doing business in. My business is located in Nigeria and the default country shown on the invoice is the United States which makes my business look ingenuine.

When I tried what @Erik suggested above, I got the error message "Oops! There was an issue with updating your business information. Please try again."

Please help. Thank you

edited December 27, 2021
  • Options
    DidiekpoDidiekpo Member Posts: 2

Hello Wave team, thank you for the great work so far.

Please I need help with changing the country to reflect the country my business is currently doing business in. My business is located in Nigeria and the default country shown on the invoice is the United States which makes my business look ingenuine.

When I tried what @Erik suggested above, I got the error message "Oops! There was an issue with updating your business information. Please try again."

Please help. Thank you