Can someone who is much better at this give me some advice?

ChewyZChewyZ Member Posts: 1

I have been using WAVE for about a year and a couple of months ago something happened to my recurring invoices. Instead of just sending a reminder they started charging my customers duplicate payments. Since then I have stopped using the recurring invoice feature and I have refunded the duplicate payments. but now my accounting bookkeeping is all screwed up. it will not allow me to delete the expired recurring invoices out of the sales system so it looks like i have an enormous amount of payments unpaid. It will not let me delete the recurring payments either. I tried contacting support by email and they were not very helpful at all. Any advice so that I can get this corrected and have some correct figures would be great.

Comments

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @ChewyZ, you can end the recurring invoice scheduler by navigating to the recurring invoice in question, clicking More Actions on the top of the page, and then by clicking End. This will stop Wave from creating new recurring invoices.

If any invoices generated from this recurring schedule have had online payments applied to them, the invoices cannot be deleted. This is for auditing purposes, as you cannot delete the occurrence of a credit card or bank payment.

To zero out an invoice that was refunded, you can add a new invoice item, file under the income account used on the invoice, name it something like "Refund" and then assign it a negative value corresponding to the refunded amount. For example, if you refunded $100, then this invoice item would be called "Refund" and have a value of $-100.

edited December 28, 2018