Can't download PDF reports

dfawdondfawdon Member Posts: 2

I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge to try and download a PDF from the Reports section, nothing is happening but I can download a CSV.

This is not a browser issue, and others have also experienced the same problem, can Wave please look into this as the problem only started after the site upgrade.

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @dfawdon thanks for letting us know! I've sent you a separate email so we can dig in a little bit deeper on this. Looking forward to hearing back!

• jimsmith1jimsmith1 Member Posts: 2

I am having the same issue. I can export reports to CSV but it won't allow me to export to PDF. I have cleared by cache and have tried internet explorer and Chrome. When I click on Export then PDF nothing happens. No pop up, no download, nothing.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @jimsmith1 and @dfawdon I've been looking into this with our team, and the likely issue is to do with how the image file for your business logo is causing a weird issue with how the image transposes to the PDF and impacts the file generation. If you want to test this to be sure, you can delete the current logo image from the Settings > invoice customization page and ensure that the file size is maximum 5mb in JPG, PNG, or GIF formats with a recommended size of 300 x 200. Try generating the reports in PDF without a logo at all, and if this is successful then you'll know that this is the problem. I've also tagged this issue for our team to work on resolving, although I can't provide an ETA for a resolution.

• jimsmith1jimsmith1 Member Posts: 2

Yes, that seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you.

• dfawdondfawdon Member Posts: 2

Thanks @Ryan_W I have uploaded a new logo of 300x300 in PNG format and the Report PDF's now download, good work finding the issue. The logo I was using has been on there since 2015 so this will help a few people out having the same issue :)