What version of Wave accounting am I using?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhat version of Wave accounting am I using?

If you created your Wave account any time from the beginning of 2018, you're using the latest version of Wave's accounting features. Throughout this year, we've also been migrating existing custome...

Read the full story here

edited December 29, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• diva_productions1diva_productions1 Member Posts: 1

How long will it take to upgrade to the latest version, as this is preventing me from using the Square app integration. I would like to do this as soon as possible. Do we need to pay a fee to have this upgrade done? Thanks, I really would appreciate the newest version as soon as you can.

• technostevetechnosteve Member Posts: 1

I'd pay a one-time fee of $100 if you can upgrade my account asap. The newest version is 100 times faster if you have loads of transactions, and will save me about 5 hours a month, so pretty please take my money!

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @technosteve, the offer is much appreciated; I wish we could do this for you like this! Alas, the nature of migrating so much data means we have to be slow and steady to ensure everything is taken care of. I'm happy to tell you that we're intending on finishing migrating people to the new version by the end of January, so we're almost there! Keep an eye on your inbox for the notification of your account being updated, and in the meantime thank you for hanging in with us! Happy new years!

• HKdewHKdew Member Posts: 1

I have just been switched to the new version as I was trying to finish up my 2018 financial statements. How can I go back to the old version until I am ready to adjust to the new features?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @HKdew and welcome to the newest version of Wave!

While I totally acknowledge that this is not an ideal time for this change to occur, I'm hopeful that adjusting to the new version of Wave will be a huge benefit to your business, based off of the new functionality and features that have been added. I'd invite you to take a look at this section of the Help Centre which will highlight any changes that you may see within the newest upgrade: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001090006-What-s-New-in-Accounting.

Of course if you have any additional questions, feel free to post in the comments section of the article, or submit a ticket and our Support Team will be happy to help!

• KingNAMSKingNAMS Member Posts: 3

Any updates on the timeline to have everyone migrated? I'm still on the old version. I see in a comment below that you expected to have everyone migrated by the end of January. Since it's now mid-February I was just wondering if you have an updated estimated finish date.

• brandJessbrandJess Member Posts: 2

Any updates on when the migrations will be completed? I'm trying to integrate Wave with the payments I receive in Dubsado but it's not compatible with the older version of Wave.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @KingNAMS & @brandJess, in the spirit of full transparency, we have temporarily paused migration for the remainder of users still on our older accounting software. The reason for this is that some of our updated features have not been very well received by users that have been migrated. We have gathered a lot of feedback and off of that we are improving and changing some of the new features to provide the best user experience that we can. Not until these updates have been completed and rolled out to the best of our ability will we continue migrating the rest of our users over.

I do not currently have an ETA on when your account will be migrated, but it will be soon! Our Product Team is working tirelessly to get all updates completed and provide you with the best product that we can. We really appreciate your patience on this.

• Glenn_LimGlenn_Lim Member Posts: 1

@Zoe_caff Thank you for the status update. I can appreciate the pain of upgrading versions and migrating older accounts up.
    I see your post was about a month ago, so I guess it won't be as "soon!" as you mentioned. Possible to have an indicative time frame? That way we don't have to keep coming back here to see if there's any update.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Glenn_Lim a few things required us to hold off moving the last of peoples' accounts over to the new version, so I respect and appreciate how patient you're being with this. I can't guarantee a timeframe, although our current goals are to have everyone on the new version in the next few months. Your best bet for knowing when you'll be moving over is to keep an eye on your inbox, as well as in-app notifications.

• Uncwardrobe1Uncwardrobe1 Member Posts: 1
    @Ryan_W

Keep up the good work! I made changes to the accounting process in anticipation of being migrated at the start of this year (my office buddy was already migrated late December, so I figured I would be up soon!) Sure hope you get everybody over asap because the changes made cause me extra work each week as long as we are not migrated.

Is this the page to keep an eye on or do you primarily use other channels to communicate about updates?

Regards
    JG
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Thanks for being so patient, @Uncwardrobe1 . We're truly doing our best to work out any and all kinks so that we can migrate the rest of our users over! When we know we can do so without compromising any of your data, you'll be migrated.

We don't have a dedicated update page for migration, but you will be alerted to it via email when your account is being moved over.

• KittyKitty Member Posts: 6

As a UK user and still on the old version I am seriously concerned that I will not be migrated by the MTD deadline - can I have your assurances that this will happen?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kitty! Thank you for taking the time to sound off about your concerns here. The Team is working hard to ensure that impacted businesses are being looked at and migrated as soon as we can do so without putting the integrity of your data in jeopardy - especially knowing the MTD Deadline. I acknowledge that your filing relies upon this, and can assure you that the team is taking the matter seriously, however, I'm afraid that I'm unable to provide you with an exact date at which this would happen.

• vanessaatworkvanessaatwork Member Posts: 2

Hi there, I'm on the older version and I'd like to integrate Squareup credit card reader. Following the integration steps I get a message saying GraphQL error: This request requires the latest version of Wave's accounting module, which is currently not available for the selected Business. Visit https://bit.ly/wave-version for further information.

Is it the case that once I will be upgraded, I will be able to integrate Square? I was thinking to move over to Quickbooks but would like to stay with Waveapps if integration is possible? Thanks!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@vanessaatwork Ya, you certainly can integrate Square with Wave once you're migrated to the newer version of the software! Once you're migrated, you will easily be able to create that connection on your Integrations page. You would be able to create connections with other tools as well using Zapier. You can read more about Zapier here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001554946-How-to-set-up-Wave-with-Zapier

Other than Square, are there any other tools you'd be excited to integrate with Wave via Zapier?

• vanessaatworkvanessaatwork Member Posts: 2

Hi ckeen, Square is all for now. Any timelines on integration? Weeks or months?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @vanessaatwork, we do not have a timeline yet on when the remainder of Wave users will be migrated over to our new software. Our Product team is working tirelessly to get this process completed asap. We will update you close to that time, thank you for your patience on this!

• LaunchSRLaunchSR Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I've been following this thread for the last few months hoping that we would have had migration this summer. Any updates?
    Thanks for your hard work!

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@LaunchSR I'm going to send you a support ticket so we can discuss the specifics of your account and migration there. Watch out for my email! :)

• eaglegb42eaglegb42 Member Posts: 1

i paid a subscription to one of the integrations you suggest but find i cant use it because i am on the old version! when will the account be migrated as this was a complete waste of money otherwise and no one tells you the problem with versions before hand!

• HSMDHSMD Member Posts: 1

I too keep hoping to have our account migrated. We've been hoping to stick with wave by using Zapier. Would love to have even a ballpark idea.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@eaglegb42 Apologies for the inconvenience here, but my suggestion is that you create a support ticket with us here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new requesting that you want to have your account migrated over. There might be something that we can do in your specific cases -- this goes for you as well @HSMD.

• Donna_R6Donna_R6 Member Posts: 5

If I have been migrated to the new version... do I need to open a 'new' account as suggested for Legacy accounts, which I don not believe I am?

On the new Wave version, does personal transactions (from business) go over the the 'old' personal Wave account?

Thx,
    Donna

Hi @Donna_R6 . No need to create a new Wave account as you would already be on the new version after being migrated. In regards to transactions, you can no longer move transactions from your business to personal although all old transactions that were moved there still exist.

• NezzyNezzy Member Posts: 3

I have been waiting to be upgraded for almost a year now - any news or do I finally have to start looking for alternatives?

Hey @Nezzy . We're working on moving our remaining users over to the newest platform, with the hopes of getting everyone over before the new year. Hang tight, the update is coming soon.

• AndreRamyAndreRamy Member Posts: 1

I prefer the old version. Anyway back?! please say yes.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @AndreRamy , thanks for reaching out. I'm afraid it is not possible to return to the old version. This is because the old version is not able to upgrade or change, and we have new features & compliance improvements which can only occur on the new version. Check out what is coming next here.

• WildEarthWildEarth Member Posts: 1

Hey there - its 2021 and I realize that my integrations are not working I believe due to me being on the old accounting version. Please help!

This discussion has been closed.