New chart of accounts & how to manage categories for your invoice products

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageNew chart of accounts & how to manage categories for your invoice products

Your Chart of Accounts is where you'll go to organize your accounting and ensure that your business is accurately represented within Wave. If you use our Invoicing tools, you may find the Income ta...

Read the full story here

edited December 31, 2018 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• ArlyArly Member Posts: 6

I added a new account twice accidentally. How do I delete one?

• CameronCameron Member Posts: 32

What types of Income categories would you recommend? What do you see as a popular choices for the categories people have as category names?

Also, what is the difference between Income and Other Income? Isn't it all income?

• PhoenixPhoenix Member Posts: 2

Why am I not seeing any of all the new upgrades and designs?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Phoenix -- We've recently put the migration on hold for our users due to the complex nature of how some of the feature improvements have affected our users on the previous software. With that said, we're to have all of our users migrated over to the new software as soon as possible.

• b_levittb_levitt Member Posts: 1
    Why can you not edit the description after adding an account? Lol, nevermind. I'm just not used to having to click on a link to see half of a form
    edited June 2, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@b_levitt glad you found it!

• LornLorn Member Posts: 3

@Arly said:
    I added a new account twice accidentally. How do I delete one?

Arly I assume you found the answer to your question but if you haven't I hope this helps

1) Click on the account you want to delete
    2) Click the pencil at the right hand side to edit the account. This opens up the account in a pop up window.
    3) You will now see the following details
    Account Details
    Account Name
    Edit account ID and description
    Archive Account
    4) Beside Archive Account there is a tick box to Prevent further usage of this account. Click this box. You will still be able to generate reports for this account, and all previously categorized transactions will remain unchanged.
    5) Save

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Lorn Thanks for supporting a fellow business owner! Definitely feeling the community vibes <3

• LornLorn Member Posts: 3
    @ckeen_1244 np. Im new to the program, so still find somethings diffivult but if I can help anotjer then I will
    "Treat others as you want them to treat you"
  • ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Lorn Love it, absolutely! Kindness is cool B)

And yes, we're always here if you need any help!

• gdesmedt1gdesmedt1 Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to bulk upload Accounts into the Chart of Accounts?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @gdesmedt1

Unfortunately this kind of action is not possible. Nor is importing any chart of accounts from a previous program. As most of you may have already discovered setting up each individual account is done on a singular basis.

• AntonAnton Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to (detail) sort reports by account number?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Anton! Thanks for reaching out here. At the moment, accounts will be sorted alphabetically in Wave when displaying on a report. What is your current process for naming your accounts in Wave? Are you referring to any specific report? If you have any feedback or ideas, we'd be happy to hear it!