Options

New freelancer looking for help with understanding

LucyHoadLucyHoad Member Posts: 2

Hello

I am a freelance marketer and have just started using Wave, so far so good. My issue lies more with the understanding of accounts than wave in itself. I charged a client for my design and print preparation of business cards and organised the print of them. I split these two up on the invoice for my design costs and the external printing costs and he paid the full invoice. Now I have paint the printer, how do I file this outgoing in my accounts. I am thinking a product or service? Then I read about 'costs of goods and services' and now I am confused? lol I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Using Wave

Comments

• Options
    LucyHoadLucyHoad Member Posts: 2

Hello, is anyone able to help with this?

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hey @LucyHoad! It sounds like what you're trying to record is a cost you paid to a third party, for which you were then paid by your client, is that right? I'd recommend checking out Wave's FAQ for expense reimbursement as a first step.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

And welcome! :)

• Options
    mdconsultingatlmdconsultingatl Member Posts: 9

I have done the same service for a client and I usually post the payment to the third party under the Cost of Goods Sold category to an account called Material Cost.