Not seeing the right categories when I upload receipts - pls help !

joeyz101joeyz101 Member Posts: 1

Hi - I just signed up with WaveApps and I am excited to begin using it.

When I signed up I was prompted to make a few selections and one of them I think was "what type of business are you" or something like that.

Now when I entered my first two receipts I could not find the Receipt Category I wanted for the actual receipt. As an example the first receipt was for the purchase of materials used to make the product that I sell (soap). I looked at all of the receipt categories and I simply could not find one that aligned.

I am thinking this is because I selected Etsy Vendor as the type of business I am when instead I should have selected Maker of Handcrafted Items (or something to that effect).

My question is how do I change the type of business I am in WaveApps so the categories for my receipts actually make sense.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Joe

Comments

• kenno_tkenno_t Member Posts: 1

Hi All,

I have recently started using the receipts app which is great. Recently I added a new checking bank account asset on the website.

It is not showing up as an option on the payment account drop-down within the app. It just has cash on hand as the only option.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers!

• nichanafeynichanafey Member Posts: 5

@joeyz101 said:
    Hi - I just signed up with WaveApps and I am excited to begin using it.

When I signed up I was prompted to make a few selections and one of them I think was "what type of business are you" or something like that.

Now when I entered my first two receipts I could not find the Receipt Category I wanted for the actual receipt. As an example the first receipt was for the purchase of materials used to make the product that I sell (soap). I looked at all of the receipt categories and I simply could not find one that aligned.

I am thinking this is because I selected Etsy Vendor as the type of business I am when instead I should have selected Maker of Handcrafted Items (or something to that effect).

My question is how do I change the type of business I am in WaveApps so the categories for my receipts actually make sense.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Joe

I have the same issue. I tried creating a new wave account and selecting Manufacturer and Vendor and the Chart Of accounts are different (it also includes nice descriptions of the accounts and how to use them). I don't think there is a way to change the business type, but you can manually reconfigure the accounts using a new test account as a reference (schlep I know).
    What I am trying to figure out, is if there are any other differences based on the business type you select. For example, being able to automate the movement of items from inventory to cost of sales when an invoice is processed.

• The_LoraxThe_Lorax Member Posts: 3

Did you edit your Chart of Accounts? There was no business type that matched mine, so I just edited the categories suggested to make them match the ones I needed...