Problem with purchase bill and inventory

CetustoneCetustone Member Posts: 31

Why I cannot create a bill and my goods in inventory, that is I have to select a expense account to create a purchase bill but I need to select a inventory asset account when I purchase my goods and create my bill. previously I could do that but the list shows only expenses accounts

Comments

• CetustoneCetustone Member Posts: 31

need help asap

• JomzJomz Member Posts: 10

I am experiencing the same error. I could previously post inventory for purchases from bills.

I hope this gets fixed.

Currently am posting inventory purchases manually, and it is a bit troublesome. Thanks.

• nichanafeynichanafey Member Posts: 5

Glad to see I am not alone on this - I am new to Wave and have been trying to figure out how to assign my receipts to something other than an expense account.
    Please advise.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @cetustone @Jomz and @nichanafey!

You should be able to do this directly on the transactions page, rather than the Bills page. So you'd generate the expense transaction via Accounting > Transactions, as assign it to your Asset account. Transactions can also have vendors added when created or editing, so essentially for inventory tracking we've just bypassed the bills page for now. To balance everything out, you can find out a little more info here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-Simple-inventory-entry-tracking-in-Wave

• nichanafeynichanafey Member Posts: 5

@Samd said:
    Hey @cetustone @Jomz and @nichanafey!

You should be able to do this directly on the transactions page, rather than the Bills page. So you'd generate the expense transaction via Accounting > Transactions, as assign it to your Asset account. Transactions can also have vendors added when created or editing, so essentially for inventory tracking we've just bypassed the bills page for now. To balance everything out, you can find out a little more info here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-Simple-inventory-entry-tracking-in-Wave

Hey @Samd

Thanks for the reply :smile: I have been doing it using journals but I didn't realize that you could "Add Vendor" or "Add Customer" - that will make it much better - thank you.