Receipts not showing up in Transactions

AdnanAdnan Member Posts: 3

I have successfully emailed a bunch of receipts to my account, and have verified them. However they are not showing up as a Transaction. This was done about 10 days so as I thought that Wave may take time to process but nope. The receipts seem to be stuck under Verified

Comments

• mike_bowdenmike_bowden Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem - none of my receipts are showing in the transactions view or reports.

• AdnanAdnan Member Posts: 3

Can someone from WAVE please help with this point

• ShawnShawn Member Posts: 1

I face the same problem too. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thanks.

• watkissjwatkissj Member Posts: 1

me too, only 2 have appeared

• francescofrancesco Member Posts: 3

Same here. how to solve this?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Were your receipts linked to an Equity account?

New accounting rules that were implemented in the latest version of our accounting software prevent Owner's Equity from being used as a payment account when verifying receipts. We will be making some changes to update this use case, but in the meantime - here's how you can upload these receipts:

• Upload the receipt image to the Personal part of your account, categorize this receipt to any expense category, and assign the account to your Personal checking/savings. Then, remember to verify the receipt.
    • Go to personal transactions, change the category to Owner Investment/Equity
    • Go to your Business profile transactions page and create a new journal entry (under the More button) to Debit appropriate expense category and Credit Owner Investment

This will ensure the accuracy of your books. In the long-term, our product team will be looking at an easier workflow for this case.

• davegoodmendavegoodmen Member Posts: 1

Hi Alexia, I just signed up with wave and uploaded a lot of receipt with the business and owner investment. Is there a way i can convert those from my business to personal in your workaround.Also what happen to the receipt we took with the business account and credit equity such as owner investment. Does it still get added to to any journal entry and record?

edited March 5, 2018

Hi @davegoodmen. Unfortunately, there is no way to just transfer them to your personal page. You'll have to delete the invoices and re-upload them. To make it a little faster, you can download all the imaged from your account by doing this:

• Click on Settings, in the menu on the left
    • At the bottom of that page, click on Data Export
    • Choose Export Receipts

This will send a copy of each of your receipts to your email address, and you can just those imaged to re-enter them, it'll be easier than tracking down the images.

The ones that were entered with Owner's equity will not, however, show up anywhere in your books or your transactions. They'll just litter on your Receipts page. I'd recommend deleting them to make navigating that page a little easier, however.

Let me know if I can help any other way!

• AdnanAdnan Member Posts: 3

Alexia, thanks for responding but why does it take Wave such a long time to respond to customer queries? It's been over just under two months as my first posting was early Jan then seem to disappear to had to repost late Jan. Even one month is not acceptable. Moreover these does not seem to be a direct channel to ask such questions. Please advise what is the most efficient manner to address such queries.

The truth is, @Adnan, the Community is a new platform, and while we do have big plans for it, we're still figuring out how to make it something amazing. Unfortunately, this post appears to have been overlooked for a time while we worked to launch the platform, and I apologize for that. I can tell you right now that you can expect the Community to be increasingly lively from here onwards.

The reason you have noticed a change in the structure of our customer support is explained in this article. Of course, this change in no way means you can't expect help from our team, nor that you shouldn't expect your requests to be addressed in a timely fashion. We missed the mark this time, and we'll work hard to do better.

The short version is that Wave is growing, and providing one-on-one ticket support to all of our users just isn't possible given our resources as a free software. We're building this Community to allow for our users to help each other, to create a searchable archive of issues that can crop up, and to allow Wave users to connect. We'll also be helping directly as needed, too.

edited March 13, 2018

Hi Alexia,

I have uploaded receipts and recorded them as
    Entertainment TO Director Loan (It does NOT appear in the transaction).

If I instead I record them as:
    Entertainment TO Owner Investment (it appears in the transaction)

This is done under my business profile. I would prefer to record my expenses under Director Loan instead of Owner Investment. How to make it work?

Perhaps I am making some mistake. Could you help?
    Thanks.>

@Alexia said:

Hi everyone. Were your receipts linked to an Equity account?

New accounting rules that were implemented in the latest version of our accounting software prevent Owner's Equity from being used as a payment account when verifying receipts. We will be making some changes to update this use case, but in the meantime - here's how you can upload these receipts:

• Upload the receipt image to the Personal part of your account, categorize this receipt to any expense category, and assign the account to your Personal checking/savings. Then, remember to verify the receipt.
    • Go to personal transactions, change the category to Owner Investment/Equity
    • Go to your Business profile transactions page and create a new journal entry (under the More button) to Debit appropriate expense category and Credit Owner Investment

This will ensure the accuracy of your books. In the long-term, our product team will be looking at an easier workflow for this case.

• khansadikhansadi Member Posts: 2

Hi @Alexia,

I am having the same issue. Uploaded receipts and varified them but not showing up in transaction screen.
    I checked and none of the accounts are in equity account.
    It was working perfectly until end of March. Since April 2018 seems like I am seeing this issue.

Can you please let us know how can we fix it.

Thanks,
    Sadi

• khansadikhansadi Member Posts: 2

Nevermind... They showed up today.. maybe a day behind.. don't know what happened over there... Previously it was instantly. I was expecting that.

Hi, @francesco.

Is Entertainment TO Director Loan a payment account? You won't be able to record a payment for a receipt with an account that isn't payment account. If this receipt was paid and needs to be reimbursed, your best bet is to treat this "Director Loan" as if it was a credit card.

Hi, @khansadi.

It can take a bit of time for receipts to make it from one side to the other, depending on processing load on our end. It can take up to a few days.

Thanks for the answer Alexia, although it does not solve my issue.

Yes, I have created a "Director Loan" account on the Chart of Accounts under "Liabilities & Credit Cards > Due to You and Other Business Owners". I don't understand why it does not work. Can you help me to get this done?

It is very strange that all the other payment mode works. I have just tried Cash in Hands and Owner Investment and it works. Why does not work with the account I have created?

PS: I do not understand your suggestion of the credit card - If I would like to do that, I can only add a Credit Card that is Company Credit Card and instead is payment made by myself as Director.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks a lot.
    francesco

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @francesco.

Is Entertainment TO Director Loan a payment account? You won't be able to record a payment for a receipt with an account that isn't payment account. If this receipt was paid and needs to be reimbursed, your best bet is to treat this "Director Loan" as if it was a credit card.

Hi, @khansadi.

It can take a bit of time for receipts to make it from one side to the other, depending on processing load on our end. It can take up to a few days.

• kdp001kdp001 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem. Perhaps Wave can write up some clearer instructions on the help page for dealing with receipts so future customers don't also face the same frustration?

I had also recorded a large number of receipts against a "Due to Shareholder" account. It's a liability account, not an equity account, but the verified receipts are still stuck in no-mans-land.

Is there a way to re-categorize this account as a credit card as a work-around?

• kdp001kdp001 Member Posts: 2

The work around suggested by Alexia in this thread did work. However, I'm now thinking that having each individual expense recorded as a separate transaction is not desirable for most users anyway. The transactions page will be dominated with trivial expense transactions.

It's probably easier to keep small transactions on a separate expenses spreadsheet (old school) and manually record the summary journals on a periodic basis - i.e. the same way you'd normally make expense submissions.

It could a nice feature for Wave to provide this integration in the future, perhaps with a drill-down capability into the receipts.

Hi, @kdp001.

Happy to hear the workaround worked out for you.

If you do want to have multiple receipts for one transaction, you could combine the images into a single image and upload that, with the amount indicated as the total amount of all of those invoices. It's not perfect, but it would also work. Thanks for the feedback!

• DadlerDadler Member Posts: 1

I am having this problem though my receipts are linked to 'cash on hand' not an equity account. Can anyone advise?

• stonemossstonemoss Member Posts: 3

I uploaded receipts, categorized and approved them to "cash on hand." It is missing in transactions, but I see it in receipts with the picture of the receipt and everything. Only solution to fix this is re-upload the receipt. I have had this happen multiple times but only occasionally, not with all of them. It means my numbers are off and not reliable unless I go back and cross reference everything which I am now having to do. Will need to phase out Wave and use another reliable program. Dont have to time to cross reference and find the error every time the numbers dont match up.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@stonemoss Could you please confirm that this is happening when you are bulk emailing receipts to Wave? Or is this happening when you simply upload 1 receipt at a time in Wave. If you could please DM me a screenshot with examples of this happening (and your business name/email), I would be happy to look into this further as the receipt uploads should automatically create a transaction once they are processed/forced to 'done' status.

• stonemossstonemoss Member Posts: 3

Yes it is probably happening when I bulk send the receipts. I wasnt paying too close attention since when I discovered the discrepancies, I had to go back and cross reference. I am able to see the receipt in that section but when I go to transactions to search for it, it is not there. What I have dont to fix the problem is just re-upload the receipt. I have already fixed the problem so not sure I can send examples right now until it happens again.