Options

Ability to have transactions linked between business(es) and the personal profile

lrosenmanlrosenman Member Posts: 6

My business which is IT consulting generally runs at a loss, so I'm constantly paying for things like hosting and domain names out of my personal account. I just started using wave, and would love to see a way to automatically have transactions like that cross profiles.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @lrosenman thanks so much for your question. I'd like to extend an apology for your question going unanswered for such a long time. I and others on my team do our very best to monitor and review new posts on the forum and make sure every question gets an answer, but it looks like this slipped through the cracks. You have my commitment that this won't happen again, and I hope you'll join us in conversation in the future.

Based on your comment, I'm assuming you're familiar with how to manage this manually, and our guide here, so this is more of a suggestion that this is automated for you. Let me know if I'm off-base here and we can discuss how these types of transactions are typically recorded in Wave.

Otherwise, I'm interested to know more about the kinds of expenses you'll typically incur in a month. Do you also bill your clients for expenses?

Thanks again, and please do let me know if I can help with anything else. Hope to see you around!

• Options
    lrosenmanlrosenman Member Posts: 6

I don't bill for expenses to the clients and wanted to link the Internet/Colo charges I make from my personal account to the business profile.

I do understand how to do this manually, but you're right, I am interested in automation, or a link between profiles.