Duplicate Enteries

saimahsaimah Member Posts: 1

Hi ,

I uploaded my bank info and it pulled up my checking, savings, and 2 credit cards. Both have the same balance but only 1 is active, im not sure where the other CC is coming from. but its causing duplicate charges on my transaction sheet which makes it look like i have double the expenses. I deleted the duplicate CC but all the duplicate charges are still showing. what do i do to fix this?

Comments

• ailsaailsa Member Posts: 16 admin

Hey @saimah -

My name is Ailsa Blair and I'm a Product Designer here at Wave.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you've had duplicate transactions imported from this issue. Deleting the duplicate credit card account was definitely the right first move. Now, let's get the rest taken care of!

We can actually filter by account, so that's probably the best way to do this. You can access the account filter by clicking the down arrow next to Accounts on the "Transactions" page under "Accounting" in the left-navigation. Select the credit card account (your duplicate account may appear as it's own account, or under one heading for the relevant credit card).

You should then be able to manually select the duplicate transactions using the checkbox on the left-hand-side of the Transactions list page. A "delete" button should appear at the top of the Transactions list, simply click on this after you've selected all the duplicate transactions.

Here's a Help Center article that should help you with the bulk delete process:
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621516-How-to-bulk-categorize-transactions

Please reach out if you need any further help.