Options

How do you change the invoice number?

ellamackphotosellamackphotos Member Posts: 1

How do I change my invoice number? My invoice number is currently 2017###, however, with the new year I would now like to change it to 2018###.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi there! You can change your invoice number in the process of creating an invoice. Invoice Number will be a field on the right side of the page, together with Invoice Date and Payment Due Date. Wave will generate the next number in sequence to prevent duplicates.

• Options
    ZimeleNZimeleN Member Posts: 2

Hi i am having the same problem but when i create an invoice and use the new sequence it saves fine and am able to send it but when i create another invoice it reverts back to my 2017 sequence,

so basically my last invoice for 2017 was 17154 and i create a new invoice for 2018 1801 but when i create a second invoice it goes to 17155

what am i doing incorrectly

• Options
    JennyJenny Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I facing a problem on tracing my invoice 1229252, as it show there no record, so i tried using back the same invoice no. but it does not allow me to save indicating this invoice no is in use. Please advise.

Also is there a way to set the invoices in running sequence.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

@ZimeleN and @Jenny Wave doesn't allow for new invoices to have a smaller number than the highest invoice number recorded to date. This is a safeguard to prevent any two invoices from having the same number, since that can cause a special kind of accounting headache.

There is a workaround, you can use a prefix to reset that order. If you made your invoice number "2018 - 001", for example, Wave would reset the sequence and keep "2018 -" untouched. It would go 2018 - 002, 2018 - 003, and so on, starting a new sequence entirely without risking any duplicated invoice numbers.