Credit Invoice

SteamShoppe_963SteamShoppe_963 Member Posts: 2

Hi there, on the previous version of Wave, I was able to split a payment in the transaction menu to mulitiple invoices, including negative invoices. On the new version, my negative amount invoices do not show up in the dropdown. Why would such a function change so drastically? For example, I currently have a payment that needs to be split to apply to 9 positive amount invoices and 5 negative amount invoices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @SteamShoppe_963, I was wondering if you could clarify your workflow in regards to splitting a payment to negative amount invoices? Was it the case where the negative invoices represent money owed, and payments are going towards them for reimbursing? If this is the case, I'd recommend using bills (in Purchases > Bills) instead of a negative value invoice. Alternatively, you could follow the workflow here for covering reimbursable expenses: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000588103-Claim-reimbursable-expenses-on-an-invoice

Your negative invoices aren't showing in the new version of Wave because negative invoices read as overpaid invoices, in that a client overpaid or is owed money by you, so it is technically closed out as paid off, with the credit showing as additional income in reports until it is allocated to another invoice discount or returned to the customer.