Bulk printing of invoices

Mister_JinnMister_Jinn Member Posts: 3

Good day
I am aware this topic has previously been discussed but i would like to find out if the wave team has implemented a bulk invoice printing or downloading method in the wave system as this is really lacking and making the use of wave difficult.
If we can get a way to download or print multiple invoices at once wave will be a very efficient invoicing app. It is currently very difficult to use as i spend a lot of time printing hundreds of invoices 1 by one.

Please advise if this issue will be addressed?

Thank you

Comments

• Stone_Castle_FarmsStone_Castle_Farms Member Posts: 5

I have input all our products into the system. How can I print a product list?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stone_Castle_Farms. There currently isn't a way to export a product list in Wave.

You have a few options for workarounds. You could just print a screenshot of the Products and Services page, under Sales.

You could finally just copy-paste the information from that Product and Services page and rearrange it as best fits your need.

• JasonWalkerJasonWalker Member Posts: 0

I started using Wave for a small group of apartments (21 front doors) several days ago, and am already hamstrung by its absurd limitations.

This is like baby's first accounting software for use as a case study of world's worst accounting software.

Wave isn't at a level where it could even teach the basics to a high school general business classroom.

For example, where do I print a customer statement?

That’s where! Nowhere!

I can email all day long, but Wave is apparently convinced the paperless society arrived in 2010.

In my opinion, if you’re running anything more complex than a lemonade stand three days a year, Wave is underpowered and unprepared. Nevermind the fact they don’t answer questions.

If you’re paying nothing for Wave, you are truly living the proverb of getting what you pay for.

Wave’s level of stink appears almost intentional, as if a bunch of jaded CPA’s hired a Romanian on Fiverr to create a delicious marketing concept — but program it in 40 hours at $8.00 a hour.

Inability to print something?

Any accounting software which doesn't let you run billing for mail (or even print an individual invoice or customer statement), is totally worthless.

edited August 31, 2018
  • ElmohsElmohs Member Posts: 7

New to Wave so apologies if this has been covered. We need to provide a hard copy of all our invoices and cannot see a way to do it other than selecting each invoice individually. Is there an option somewhere that can print all paid invoices? We are really hoping there is or else this is really going to suck!
    Thanks for your time guys, appreciated!

edited August 31, 2018

Hi @JasonWalker

I understand your frustration as to the approach Wave takes to connecting to your customers, and know that we are always trying to improve our services. You are right, it isn't currently possible to print customer statements, but we are constantly adding new features, and feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

It is possible to print your invoices from the Invoices page as needed, you simply have to click the arrow to the right of that invoice and click Print. Once your invoice is paid, you can use that same arrow to record a payment, without ever requiring your tenants to touch a computer.

As to the simplicity of Wave, that's because we want to offer new business owners as painless an experience as possible as they do their books. We want business owners with little-to-no accounting knowledge to be able to use Wave accurately, while we take care of the more complicated bits of accounting in the background. Wave is quite a bit deeper than it first appears, however, and many accountants use our services for their own business.

If you would like to discuss any issues or would like me to answer specific questions, let me know, I'd love to help.

Hi @Elmohs.

Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to download and print all of your invoices in bulk.

Can you tell me exactly what information you're looking for, and for what purpose? I might be able to suggest a good alternative. Maybe there's a report that would answer the same need.

• RignoldRignold Member Posts: 3

I have the same issue. Is this something you intend to resolve anytime soon?

• jason1234jason1234 Member Posts: 36

I understand you can export as PDF for invoices but we need to do it one by one.
    How do I export all Invoices with a click of a button? Or within a certain period.

This applies to Estimates and Receipts too. Thanks

edited April 18, 2018
  • UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello @jason1234 @Alexia

Currently this is not available in wave, I already raised this question about bulk invoice PDF download, see below

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/620/invoice-archive#latest

Thanks! @UHRP3 I'd prefer a bulk download feature too so I can pass them to my accountant and auditors at the end of the month. Not download one by one. @Alexia

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi @jason1234

Currently the bulk download is not available, may be @Alexia can give more clarification

Thank you @UHRP3!

Hi, @jason1234.

There isn't a way to do this in Wave at this time. We do have many reports that might also fit the bill, however. Do you need the invoices themselves, or would a report showing your sales be enough? Can you give me a bit more information about the context in which you would need to give physical copies of those invoices, as opposed to using a report, or adding your accountant or auditor as a collaborator to your account?

@Alexia @UHRP3 Thanks for your reply.

Basically, at the end of the year, we would have generated hundreds of invoices right. That's when I need to pass these to my accountant and auditors (in actual copy of the invoice) for taxation. The tax man will be going over it in the future.. so i don't think a report is enough.

I CAN export to PDF one by one but it's quite a hassle.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your feedback!

For now, the fastest and easiest way to do it, @jason1234, would be to check both boxes under "Additional Options", when you send out an invoice (one to attach a PDF copy to the invoice, and another to send yourself a copy). you might find it easier to download and store them from your email account.

Thanks, @Alexia

Seems like it. It's going to be loonngg day. LOL

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@jason1234 depending on how closely you work with your accountant, you might also want to consider giving them collaborator access to your account (option under Settings). You can limit this access to View Only and revoke it whenever you wish.

They may need copies of everything regardless, I understand, but this would save time for quick references!

@Charlotte Thanks for your feedback.

That is an option. However, that's just passing the baton to him. LOL No difference. My suggestion on that feature is to make the system better and easier for us to use.

p/s. He's in his 50s, getting him to adopt various online system from Xero to Quickbooks and to Wave would be hell to him. Hence, I'd rather pass him all in PDFs.

Speaking of all the documents, can we actually export everything? Bills, customer database, receipts..?

Thanks,

Hi, @Jason1234.

You can export just about all the data in your account through the Global Export feature. Here's how to do it. You'll see an option to download all of your receipts on the same page, as well.

Thanks @alexia
    Yup, I saw that before. It will be good for the accountant. Not so for the auditor and tax man cause they would want to see the actual document. Usually we bulk export everything and prints it out and files them. To prepare for the auditors and tax people to check through these "legal" documents. Haha

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

• MCFVHMCFVH Member Posts: 0

Is there a way you can print all your invoices at once? Or say, all the ones from a selected time period? I've decided to keep hard copies of all my invoices and I have about 500. Going through them individually to click print would not be fun.

edited August 31, 2018

Hi, @MCFVH.

I merged your question into this thread. It isn't currently possible to download or print your invoices in bulk. As time-consuming as it might be, if you want hard copies of all of your invoices right now, you'll have to print them individually.

Did you just want to keep hard copies for your own records?

• ComputerGuyComputerGuy Member Posts: 3

This is a big issue for me. I am looking at switching from competitor and had all but decided to make the switch when I discovered this feature missing. If there are no plans to implement the ability to print batches of invoices I am not sure I will be able to use Wave.

Hi, @Rignold and @ComputerGuy.

I can't make any promises about whether this feature will be added to Wave, but I can guarantee that feedback from our users has a significant feedback on how we choose what to build next.

I'd love to hear more about your needs in this regard. Do you print your invoices as a requirement from your client or someone else you deal with, or is it for your own records?

• RignoldRignold Member Posts: 3

I need to print them to hand over to my accountant for tax purposes.

• ComputerGuyComputerGuy Member Posts: 3

I also give them to my bookkeeper and keep a copy as a backup

I also have to give all invoices to an accountant who has to have them as a hard copy. A feature to "batch print" or "print chosen invoices" invoices would be incredibly useful as it is a little painful to go through each one individually to print.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Have you considered adding your accountant as a collaborator to your business in Wave instead? I don't mean this as a way to deflect your feedback, far from it, but it might be easier to share that information with your accountant this way.

Hi, our accountant can see everything we have, however still wants a hard copy at the end of season.
    At the minute the only solution found is to download as a PDF and then give these to the accountant. However, at the end we still have to print them all.
    The option to selectively batch print in Wave itself would be a fantastic for us!

Thanks for following up, @Elmohs!

• prideofgumboprideofgumbo Member Posts: 1

Every time I print an invoice a blank page is also kicked out with each print. When printing a single page invoice the printer prompt always says it will take two pieces of paper. It prints the invoice and then kicks out a blank. To stop it I have to click in the page selection box and tell it to only print page one. Any idea as to why this is happening?