Options

Multiple invoices, 1 monthly payment for all.

shevasheva Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have someone I invoice during the month and then I charge her through paypal one amount to cover the invoices. I see there is no feature to take that one payment and pay off/credit the invoices. Will this feature become available in future? It is annoying not to be able to do this easily.

Thanks

Bat Sheva.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Sheva! Thanks for posting. At this time, a payment can only be associatedtoone invoice (although you can issue multiple payments against an invoice until it is fully paid). You would need to split a large payment and associate the new transactions with their respective invoices.

• Options
    RoKaRoKa Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

How do I split a "large payment" ? Where do I do that ? Thanks!

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @KanataPhotographer great question! You can split a transaction by clicking the down arrow to the right of the transaction and selecting "Split transaction." This will automatically show two lines but you can add more lines (ie, split the transaction as many times as you need to) by clicking the + sign where it says "add row." Divide the transaction as necessary and click the green "Split transaction" button to save your work. If you need to, you can then assign the now-split transactions to specific invoices in Wave.

• Options
    SaeLisSaeLis Member Posts: 1

Hi Sophia,
    I'm sending Delivery Orders first since my clients work with a consignment agreement and then later invoices when I get paid. But the sales amount never equals the delivery orders since they pay only what sells.
    So far, i've created my delivery orders as invoices and have been struggling to settle payments since i have both Del Ord and invoices per client.

How can I make this all easier to keep track of my sales?
    thanks !

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @SaeLis.

If you use invoices in both cases, you'll end up with income for all of those invoices saved to your account, which won't actually reflect your numbers. I'd recommend using Estimates as your delivery orders instead. You can even edit them so that the header says "Delivery Order" rather than estimate (in Settings, under Invoice Customization)

Once comes time to actually invoice your client, you can modify that estimate as needed and turn it into an invoice. If you want to read a bit more about estimates, check out this article.

In the future, please create a separate thread for your question. It'll ensure that questions are easier to search for, and that you'll get as much visibility as possible.

• Options
    hmdevariehmdevarie Member Posts: 1

I'm not able to see the split transaction button. I can see it for personal transactions but not for my business transactions. Do I have to turn something on to see it?

• Options
    PremPrem Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Am I able to merge split transaction with invoice payments?? I have a big bank transfer(payment for 4 invoices) split into 4 payments. I wish to merge each bank payment with invoice payment but I do not know how to do it. Please help.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Prem,

No, it isn't possible to merge four smaller payments to a singer larger one. You'll have to go to your invoices, remove the payment from those invoices, split the larger transaction and assign each part to the matching invoice from the Transactions page.

I hope this helps!

• Options
    ChardyChardy Member Posts: 2

Hi, this seems to be saying that we can now assign one large payment to several invoices. Your note above says we can "split the larger transaction and assign each part to the matching invoice".
    Firstly - which account would we post the original (multi-invoice) payment to?
    Secondly - how, when splitting, do we "assign each part to the matching invoice from the Transactions page"

So far the only way I can do it is to create 3 separate lines in the bank register.

Looking forward to finding out how to do this correctly !

• Options
    ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hi @Chardy! You should be able to post the large payment to the bank account that is receiving the payment, as well as categorize this same transaction as multiple invoice payments.

• Options
    Steve_SGSteve_SG Member Posts: 12

This doesn't seem to work if the invoice currency are different from the bank currency. When I click on the "Payment received for invoice in wave", it says "no results", yet I can see the outstanding invoices on the invoices page.

How can I record a single payment in local currency of the bank account and apply it to multiple invoices in a foreign currency?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Steve_SG , you're correct in saying that this isn't possible for foreign currency. The alternative method for this at the moment is to mark the invoice as paid through the invoice itself, which creates the corresponding transaction. Because you're looking to do this with a bunch of invoices and foreign currency at the same time, I'm afraid it isn't possible at the moment.

edited July 28, 2020
  • Options
    Steve_SGSteve_SG Member Posts: 12

Thanks @AlexL. If I mark the invoices as paid, isn't this going to indicate separate transactions on the bank ledger? Transactions that don't actually exist because it was a single payment? How is that reconciled?

edited July 30, 2020
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Steve_SG

Yes you're correct that it will duplicate.

Unfortunately at this time Wave cannot attribute a payment to an invoice with a different currency. What we typically ask of our users to do is simply go to the the invoice and record a payment to their account. This will populate a new transaction in the currency of the invoice. The invoice will also be marked as paid. You can then delete the bank imported transaction that you were trying to associate with an invoice, as there will be redundant income transactions on your transactions page.

Our team is fully aware of this matter and we're looking into making sure that this type of transaction will be reconciled moving forward!