Options

sending identical invoices to multiple customers at once

KLDJKLDJ Member Posts: 5

Hi! I invoice about 20 customers with the very same invoices...same services, amounts etc.. do i have to do each one separately? is there not a way to invoice a batch of customers?

Comments

• Options
    GigKitsGigKits Member Posts: 2

I also need an answer to this.

Trust someone from Wave can help here.

• Options
    OLTGOLTG Member Posts: 5

Yes i need this too!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@KLDJ @GigKits @OLTG You can certainly invoice multiple customers at once. When you are on the sending part of the invoice section in Wave -- you will see a + icon beside the 'add a recipient' fill out form. This is the way that you can currently send out an invoice to multiple clients in Wave. Alternatively, you can export the invoice in PDF format and send it to a group of contacts via your personal email as well.

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@KLDJ, @OLTG, @GigKits,

There currently is no bulk send functionality within Wave. The Wave connect mentioned by @scout_treas can help you create invoices in bulk, however, you will need to send each one individually.

When thinking about sending in bulk, is there a single default message for all your invoices you would use, no added message (just the default Wave invoice email) or are these specifics for each invoice you'd need to review before sending?

• Options

@JamieD said:
    @KLDJ @GigKits @OLTG You can certainly invoice multiple customers at once. When you are on the sending part of the invoice section in Wave -- you will see a + icon beside the 'add a recipient' fill out form. This is the way that you can currently send out an invoice to multiple clients in Wave. Alternatively, you can export the invoice in PDF format and send it to a group of contacts via your personal email as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Wouldn't this mean that the same invoice is sent to everyone? There wouldn't be individual invoice numbers? Might make tracking the payments a bit difficult.

• Options

@Rahim said:
    @KLDJ, @OLTG, @GigKits,

There currently is no bulk send functionality within Wave. The Wave connect mentioned by @scout_treas can help you create invoices in bulk, however, you will need to send each one individually.

When thinking about sending in bulk, is there a single default message for all your invoices you would use, no added message (just the default Wave invoice email) or are these specifics for each invoice you'd need to review before sending?

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes we would be happy with the same email message for each invoice but ideally invoices would be personalised. So, for example, 30 clients need to pay €250 for advertising in a magazine. All the invoices have the same amounts and all the accompanying emails could have the same message. But we'd like individualised invoices to be sent to each client. We can do it 30 times obviously, but a bulk method where you fill in the clients names and email addresses and it generates and emails individual invoices would be great.

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@OLTG you're correct: it's going to be the identical invoice sent to each contact you add as recipients. That said, I can see the value in being able to fire off 30 invoices which are identical in amount, but personalized to specific clients. As for tracking payments, it sounds like there might be a disconnect in what the current tool does (i.e. sending the identical invoice to a few different points of contact for a single customer, versus the desire to send out a variety of invoices to a variety of customers in a bulk fashion).

Currently, the ability to add recipients is intended for sending the same invoice to the client, their billing department, maybe another partner of theirs, etc, so it's not really meant to track multiple payments per se; it's more so multiple people can have a copy as point of reference. So, the payment tracking can't really get muddled, as any payment made towards the invoice only contributes to that same customer's A/R. Meanwhile, it sounds like your ideal set up with multiple recipients is to act as a bulk sending option for something like a subscription service, for example. If so, that's pretty useful insight into how people would like this bulk sending option to work, so feel free to expand on how you envision this type of feature helping you save time when it comes to sending invoices!

• Options
    KLDJKLDJ Member Posts: 5

Ryan _W, that's exactly what I am looking for. Identical invoices (not the SAME invoice) differing only in customer name and invoice number, and of course, sent out to individual email addresses.

I would envision being able to make up a generic invoice (with description and amount), and then select as many customers as need (with their corresponding email addresses) and then pushing send once. Each customer would receive an invoice with a unique invoice number, customized with their name, but with the same description and amount as everyone else. In my accounting program, I should see the list of invoices sent to each of these customers and can then mark them paid as the money comes in.

Thanks for your help!

@Ryan_W said:
    @OLTG you're correct: it's going to be the identical invoice sent to each contact you add as recipients. That said, I can see the value in being able to fire off 30 invoices which are identical in amount, but personalized to specific clients. As for tracking payments, it sounds like there might be a disconnect in what the current tool does (i.e. sending the identical invoice to a few different points of contact for a single customer, versus the desire to send out a variety of invoices to a variety of customers in a bulk fashion).

Currently, the ability to add recipients is intended for sending the same invoice to the client, their billing department, maybe another partner of theirs, etc, so it's not really meant to track multiple payments per se; it's more so multiple people can have a copy as point of reference. So, the payment tracking can't really get muddled, as any payment made towards the invoice only contributes to that same customer's A/R. Meanwhile, it sounds like your ideal set up with multiple recipients is to act as a bulk sending option for something like a subscription service, for example. If so, that's pretty useful insight into how people would like this bulk sending option to work, so feel free to expand on how you envision this type of feature helping you save time when it comes to sending invoices!

• Options
    Xanadu_MuseXanadu_Muse Member Posts: 4

Yes. I spend New Years' Day industriously sending membership invoices to our 125 members! Very tedious. Only the rum Nogg got me through it....

• Options
    DrFixitDrFixit Member Posts: 1
    I really need this feature as well..
  • Options
    BoggestowBoggestow Member Posts: 6

I'm the treasurer of a not for profit club and we send out 30 invoices each and every month that is exactly the same, but we need separate invoices to track payment. So the option of sending multiple is not going to work, because it is also nice at the end of the year to print out what each family spent with the club. Please work this out ... it would be great.

• Options
    beancounterbeancounter Member Posts: 10

Many clubs would benefit from being able to send out the same membership subscription invoice to multiple members (customers) as previous posters have mentioned. The more people that comment, the more Wave product developers should listen

• Options
    Randy_MRandy_M Member Posts: 2

This functionality is 100% needed. I send out 84+ every month that differ only in name/address/invoice #

• Options
    RahstyleRahstyle Member Posts: 1

Any progress on this feature? It seems people have been asking since at least 2018, but I don't see any development on it. Similar to many of the above posts, I email the same invoice to at least 55 clients every month.

• Options
    twoguystouringtwoguystouring Member Posts: 1

@Boggestow I would agree, bulk invoicing is needed. As a work around, would it make sense to set the invoice as a recurring invoice? I have done this with many customers that have a subscription and the invoices send out every month at a set time interval.