Payment Accounts

97nbf97nbf Member Posts: 1

I am trying to write off some bad debt by using an Account called "Undeposited Funds" that I have created. The Undeposited Funds account does not show under the Payment Accounts when I try to pay the invoice. In the old Wave I could select the Account in the Chart of Accounts as a Payment Account. I cannot find this in the new Wave. Can anyone please help me with this?

Comments

• John69John69 Member Posts: 13

I have the exact same problem, trying to follow Wave's own how-to: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000031243-Dealing-with-bad-debt-How-to-write-off-an-invoice.
    I just asked support, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

When I checked this morning, the account was suddenly selectable in the menu. Weird.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @97nbf and @John69 that is odd, but I'm glad its appeared in one of the cases. @97nbf has it reappeared for you? If not, you can generate one in Accounting > Chart of Accounts in the interim so that it is selectable, and my apologies about it disappearing. Let us know though - none of your active accounts should have disappeared in migration so we may need to investigate further.

For clarification, I didn't migrate mine, I just created the account, and when I went in to "pay" my invoice, it didn't show up in the select bank/cash account dropdown. Only a day later. ;)

• ErikErik Member Posts: 194 admin

Hey @John69 while strange, I am also happy to hear it's now working for you. Can you tell us when you created the account, and the exact steps you took in between creating the account and attempting to select it as a payment account for the invoice?

If you created the account in one tab but had the invoice open in another tab, you would have had to refresh the invoice tab in order for it to repopulate with your newly created account.

@Erik - of course.
    I created the "Undeposited Funds" account Feb 1st, following your step tutorial https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621606
    Then I opened the old invoice and when the new account didn't show up in the dropdown, I refreshed the site, logged out of Wave and logged back in, cleared the browser cache -- but with no change. Then I contacted support.
    When Support got back to me the 4th, I checked again, and there it was -- in the dropdown, ready to be used along with my other bank and cash accounts.

• MarshallFreemanMarshallFreeman Member Posts: 7

I have the same problem too, but I am not lucky as you, tried many ways, refreshed the page, logged in and logged out, my account was created about two days ago but It just won't show up in the payment account for bill payment. Does anyone know how to make an account selectable in the payment account in new Wave?

@John69 said:
    For clarification, I didn't migrate mine, I just created the account, and when I went in to "pay" my invoice, it didn't show up in the select bank/cash account dropdown. Only a day later. ;)

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@MarshallFreeman. If you've already tried all of these steps and also created the asset account for Undeposited Funds in Wave, it sounds like we may need to do a bit more extensive troubleshooting here. If it's okay with you, I'm going to send you a support ticket email so that we can further investigate what could be going on.

• Pearlrush ServicesPearlrush Services Member Posts: 8

Hi @JamieD , is there anything I can do if one of my payment account doestn't show up? Think this happened since after the migration to new version of wave!

edited August 5, 2019
  • MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

Hi @Pearlrush Services , is the payment account not showing up in your Chart of Accounts? Do the transactions associated with the account still show up on your transactions page and on your reports?

Hi @Myron , the pymt account did show up in chart of account but did not show when i wanted to record a pymt made by client on an invoice. It do shown in my transaction page as well as on my report. Please advise!

• MyronMyron Member Posts: 143 admin

@Pearlrush Services , thanks for the clarification. I would like to take a closer look into this. Can you please send me a DM with the primary email address associated with your Wave account?

Hi @Myron, DM sent