Provide your business's ownership information

2»

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey there @harishr1986 & @Wave_Customer , thanks for reaching out! As there can be tax implications on your business when entering business ownership percentages, I'm afraid that we Community admins (nor the Support team) can advise on how best to complete this. I'm sorry for any confusion on this part of the application. If you're unsure of how to proceed in terms of ownership, I would recommend speaking with an accountant to determine how ownership is distributed among owners for your business type. If your business type is incorrect when you set up, you will need to create a new business with the correct business type, which should help make the Payments onboarding more in line with how your business is structured.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @harishr1986 , I see that this is currently being resolved through a ticket with Ashley from our Support team. Please follow up directly there.

• Nemanja_KalanovicNemanja_Kalanovic Member Posts: 1

So, if I have registrated business in US, and I am not residing in US, that means I can't use Wave to recieve payments?

• JJ_MadrizJJ_Madriz Member Posts: 2

Hello, same problem here. I have an LLC registered in US but I am not a US citizen so I have not an SSN.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Nemanja_Kalanovic @JJ_Madriz

In order for a non-US citizen to onboard, the business entity must:

• be legally incorporated in the United States, with the right to do business here
    • pay taxes on transactions revenues generated from the sale in the U.S.
    • have a U.S. bank account.
    • have a physical address in the U.S. (no P.O. Boxes, registered agent addresses, virtual offices, or other “shell” addresses)
    • have U.S. employees who conduct bona fide operations related to the transaction in the U.S.

Hope this helps

• JJ_MadrizJJ_Madriz Member Posts: 2

Hi Barsin,
    Thank you for your answer, I have an LLC, EIN, Business bank account and everything you mentioned but no employees. The problem is that Wave ask for a SSN and being a Non us citizen I dont have it, my ITIN is in process.

Hey @JJ_Madriz , I'm afraid that we do need your ITIN if you don't have an SSN. You'll have to wait until you receive it at which point you can sign up for Wave Payments.

• LadyStormLadyStorm Member Posts: 4

The system will not allow me to set up payment information. I get the error in the attached image. And the bot has no help. And there is nowhere to upload documents. Not enough information on how to resolve this issue either. Anyone has seen and resolved this?
    Note we are a non-profit organization.
    Bank accounts were connected at one time and working well. Not any more.

Hey @LadyStorm , it looks like this is currently being handled by one of our agents over ticket. If you do have any further questions for them, please don't hesitate to let them know and they'd be happy to help!

• FrankMouthFrankMouth Member Posts: 1

Help! I contacted customer service and am waiting to hear back. I am trying to set up payments and, after I input all of our info (three owners with 1/3 ownership each of the business), I get a red popup that says "please review and update the highlighted fields," yet there are no highlighted fields and all of the info I input is correct.

• A4SA4S Member Posts: 1

I am the treasurer of a non-profit. Non-profits do not have owners. The form is requiring a percentage of ownership...what do I put there?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @FrankMouth !

It looks like you sent us a ticket request. I have since reached out to our support team about this. They will follow-up with you shortly. In the meantime, please keep an eye on your email inbox!

Hello @A4S !

In this case, you would enter the principal information as you would do when filing taxes for the non-profit. Alternatively, you can input the individual(s) with the most power/most control of the non-profit. If no one does, you can enter the principal as one of the owners who will be using Wave the most. I hope that helps clear things up.

• TechBro24TechBro24 Member Posts: 1

How am I able to sign up as the COO/CFO of a company? I have a bank account in my name, but it's a C-Corp with 11% shares not allocated yet. I have submitted the information of 2 shareholders with 25% or more, but it's giving me errors when all the fields of the "details" form are filled out correctly. Please advise.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @TechBro24 !

I believe you are referring to you Payments application so you can process invoice payments through Wave. It looks like you didn't complete your application 21 days after receiving an invoice payment so the funds were refunded back to your client so you can accept another form of payment. If you still plan on using Wave Payments and want to complete your application, please submit a ticket request to our Support Team at your earliest convenience so they can reactivate your application and help you allocate the business ownership accordingly.

• RadialRadial Member Posts: 2

I have one account with three entities. As recent as a month or two ago, Wave Payments was activated for all 3 entities. Today, only one is working and two are disabled.

Trying to turn Payments on results in a cryptic error message "Your Wave Payments account cannot be turned on at this time. Please contact support to get additional help." but of course there is NO METHOD for contacting support to find out why two out of three businesses suddenly have payments not working while one still works just fine, so here I am with no choice but to be forced to air dirty laundry on a public blog post instead.

edited April 12, 2021
  • rwcghrwcgh Member Posts: 16

What about a Wave company that is majority owned by a holding company? It won't let me input the holding company details b/c the age (using the date of formation as the birthdate) is less than 18 years old. Also, the holding company has an EIN not a SSN (not sure if that will cause issues).

I'm the owner of the holding company, but I prefer not to use my personal info for this purpose as it exposes my personal assets to liability.
    Also, one of the business partners who owns more than 25% does not have a SSN/TIN. We were able to open a bank account at a US bank no problem (using his passport and a W-8 form).
    Either one of the above two issues is preventing us from setting up Wave Payments. We're a small business with a not-so-unique situation.

Hey @Radial , in the two businesses where you're not yet setup in Wave for Payments, you should be able to access Sales > Payments and start the application. If this isn't the case, our Support team will have to escalate these cases to our Engineering team. Can you send a message to the team through our chatbot, Mave, in your account? To do so, hit the help button in the bottom right corner of your account which will pop open our chatbot. At that point, you can request help from the Support team.

Hi @rwcgh , as it turns out, regulations do require us to take down your info if you are the owner of the holding company. In regards to the SSN/TIN of your business partner, we do have ways around this but you'll have to reach out to our Support team so they can advise you on the next steps and possibly collect some additional info from you. Can you send a message to the team through our chatbot, Mave, in your account? To do so, hit the help button in the bottom right corner of your account which will pop open our chatbot. At that point, you can request help from the Support team.