How to delete your Wave account

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to delete your Wave account

The steps listed below will delete all your accounting and payroll records for all businesses associated with your account, as well as your personal financial information. Please note: this action ...

Read the full story here

edited January 30, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Rafeeq_ErasmusRafeeq_Erasmus Member Posts: 1

What if I only want to delete one of the many companies that I have under my profile ?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@Rafeeq_Erasmus single businesses within an account can be archived. You can find the steps here.

• Smallbiz1Smallbiz1 Member Posts: 3

I received an email to say Since you haven't logged in for several months, we're required to stop sending emails to you at this email address. This is not the email I log in with as indicated on my profile. Why would it then be reflected as such in the email received?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Smallbiz1! This is usually due to there being another account open that has been closed, with that alternative email address. Since you're still logging in successfully with that other email, you should be just fine!

• JamesBeeJamesBee Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to shut down a wave account so all data is deleted from the wave servers?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JamesBee . I merged your comment into this thread which provides more info on how to delete your Wave account.

edited January 27, 2020
  • beachladybeachlady Member Posts: 1

I have tried repeatedly to delete my account people are still getting invoices.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @beachlady , thanks for your message. I can see on the back end here that your account hasn't been deleted and has been logged into as of June 10. Would you be able to walk me through the steps you've taken to delete the account so far?

• GillianegcGillianegc Member Posts: 1
    Can I clarify will all recurring invoices and auto payments stop once I delete my account
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Gillianegc ! After taking a look on the back end, it looks like one of our support agents replied to your ticket request via email with next steps. If you have any further questions, feel free to reply to the support email directly.

edited November 10, 2020
  • NattNatt Member Posts: 1
    Can I use the same email address that I requested to delete, to add onto another account?

Hey @Natt !

Yup! You are definitely able to do so. You can also be invited/added to multiple Wave businesses/accounts with the same address. Here is a Help Center article with additional information.](https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621236-How-to-invite-your-accountant-bookkeeper-or-business-partner-to-help-with-your-account)

Please note, if you are trying to update a primary email address or create a new Wave account, you are unable to change it to or use an email already associate with another account within Wave.

edited December 14, 2020
  • JenniferPetersJenniferPeters Member Posts: 1

Please can I delete an account that was created on the 30th of November? Based on your advice, I can't view my profile because I currently tried to register my account outside of the US or Canada so I don't have access to manage my profile and close my wave account. Thanks for your help

Hey @JenniferPeters , any account that was created for a business outside of the US or Canada after our cutoff date will be auto-deleted after a couple of weeks.

• Heather2301Heather2301 Member Posts: 5
    Hi there

I am in South Africa, I love using wave, but will my account be automatically deleted in a period or will I be allowed to continue?

Thanks
    Heather Hiscox

Hey @Heather2301 , we don't have any current plans to limit the access to your pre-existing account so you'll be able to continue to use it.

• ChewieChewie Member Posts: 5

Hi AlexL, comment below doesn't seem strictly true. Although accounts are not being deleted, access to them does appear to be limited. For example, one can't add any new users to an account unless they have an existing wave account..It also appears that although one is able to create a new account, once the system determines your from outside of US you're redirected to the ZOHO offer. Currently I have an email associated to an account I can't access under this limitations. Can't even access the profile to delete it so that it can be associated with another existing account.

• Heather2301Heather2301 Member Posts: 5

Fabulous, so glad to hear that!

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Chewie ,

Since Wave decided to re-focus on the US and Canada, new user sign-ups have been limited to US and Canadian business owners only. When creating a new account, if you indicate that your location is outside of the US or Canada, you will be redirected to Zoho, since Wave is no longer be able to support those new accounts. If you created a new account and unintentionally indicated that you were outside of the US and Canada, the account will be automatically deleted after a few weeks.

For more information, check out this Community post here: [Dec. 1] Changes to Wave for users outside of the United States and Canada

edited February 17, 2021
    Hi Kristen,

I am aware that wave would not be supporting new businesses outside US, but this is an existing business; which wave had advised would be supported. Not allowing the creation of new users on an existing business doesn’t align with that commitment IMO.
    The issue I have now is that one of my organisations email addresses is now tied to an account I can’t use or delete, as it is redirected to ZOHO offer with no options. So, I’m unable to delete the user and associate that email with another existing account, so I can send invoices from that email.

In this case, I was not prevented from creating the user account. If I wasn’t going to be able to use it, then that is what should have happened - block the creation of the account.
    I’m also frustrated that I did have two users previously and deleted the one account recently, so that I could use the email associated with it on the main account; not appropriating the impact it would have.
    Regards.

Hey there @Chewie !

Thanks for shedding some light on your initially inquiry. If you created a new Wave account with a country selected other than the US or Canada, then I'm afraid that it isn't possible for us to take any action in regards to your Wave account, such as deleting it on our end or clearing the email. What I would suggest is to try deleting your Zoho account on your end to potentially free up the email. I hope this helps.

Hi. Have not created a Zoho account.

• ZaneZane Member Posts: 1

I am so frustrated, i chose other by accident when creating a new account and now i currently I have an email associated to an account I can't access under this limitations. Can't even access the profile to delete it so that it can be associated with another existing account. Seriously there must be a better way to send non us people accross