'An unexpected error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes.'

uktradenetworkuktradenetwork Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have integrated Wave with Stripe to take payments, and when the client attempts to pay, they get the message, 'An unexpected error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes.'

I have just sent myself a test invoice and I'm getting the same thing. (information redacted)

However if I go within Wave, and try to 'charge a card', I can take payment no problem. Obviously this is less than ideal, and the error doesn't really offer much to go on in regards to troubleshooting (I suspect it won't work in a few minutes).

If you can help us resolve this that would be great

Thanks

Comments

• PCBT_UKPCBT_UK Member Posts: 1

I had the exact same problem on Thursday. I contacted Wave tech support yesterday but they have not got back to me yet. I'll post if I get a solution from them.

• MatthewWildMatthewWild Member Posts: 1

Was this resolved? We've got the same issue with clients trying to pay invoices.

Edit: Looked further into this and discovered that if you login to Stripe and go to the transaction log it shows you the reason why it was declined, and this message was displayed.

In my instance my client entered an incorrect post code to the one the bank has on record.

edited August 16, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @uktradenetwork, @PCBT_UK, to echo what @MatthewWild mentioned above, you should be able to see the reason for this error by heading to your Stripe account. You can access your Stripe account via Sales > Credit Card Payments in your account. If there is an issue with your Stripe account, you may also need to reach out to Stripe directly as they would have more access and insight into your account. You can reach Stripe Support at Support.stripe.com.