How to manually add an income transaction

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to manually add an income transaction

If you've received income from a customer that's not tied to an invoice, it's as easy as adding a transaction! Follow these steps:

Click Accounting in the menu on the left side of your screen and...

Read the full story here

edited January 30, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• ShionMusic_3ShionMusic_3 Member Posts: 1

I can't click any fields to edit. It doesn't allow me to. Once I select that transaction, I can't even click "edit", it says I have to select another transaction to have bulk edit. Once I select another transaction, it only allows me to change the category and nothing more.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@ShionMusic_3 are you trying to just edit a single transaction? If so, you can click on the transaction line itself (rather than the bulk selection checkbox) and you'll be able to edit the transaction in more detail. You'll see a a window pop up on the right of the page with all of the details once you click the transaction line.

• aputilitiesaputilities Member Posts: 1

How do you get the newly added transaction to appear on the customers statement? I did add the customer to the added transaction and even marked it as reviewed. The statement is showing all their other payments, except for this one.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @aputilities . The customer tagging is de-sync'd from the customer statement at the moment. We added this functionality so that in the future we can build it out and allow you to have extensive details on your customer one day. At the moment though, there's no connect here.

If you want to show income related directly to your customer, create an invoice for it, don't send it, and mark it as paid.

• jenkistyjenkisty Member Posts: 1

@AlexL - when will this connection become functional?

• MichaelAlanMichaelAlan Member Posts: 1

So, 3.6, what category do I use here? Cash on Hand or back to Owner's Equity?

• KaydubKaydub Member Posts: 1

Can you add an invoice/ receipt or record of the payment to the transaction when manually adding income?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @MichaelAlan

It depends what your transaction is for. If I receive an income for an invoice into my checking account, I would change the account to my business checking and categorize it to an invoice. You can also categorize it to any general income account like the Sales account that appears here.

Hey @Kaydub

At this point unfortunately you are not able to attach images of receipts or invoices to transactions just yet. We do appreciate you reaching out about this in our forum!

• ReeveReeve Member Posts: 10

Hi. I got one payment for more than 30 invoices or even more than 100 invoices. I cant click one by one for record a payment via wave invoice. And i found there are one method to lump sum all invoices, but the method are tiring because you want to key in one by one, and the amount won't automatic to fill up, so you have to see the amount and key in manually, just imaging that if more than 100 invoices, how to key in one by one? No only that, the invoice will still appear into the drop down list, they are confused when there are more invoices to entry.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Reeve! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with splitting out that lump sum payment to each invoice. Unfortunately, at present, Wave does not have a particularly easy way to key in payments to all of these invoices at once. My best recommendation would be to split that deposit, so that each invoice's payment is represented in full, and then categorize each portion as a payment to the appropriate invoice.

• ReeveReeve Member Posts: 10
    The problem is we can't control how much received with bulk payment, that is only limited to single or lesser than 10 invoices transaction. It should be under your RnD, hopefully the new featues able to direct select those pending invoices or bill, which is one by one.
  • ConCon Member Posts: 3

Can anyone tell me.If a customer is paying off an invoice in wave with an etransfer. Do I record it as a bank payment or other. in order for it to be associated properly with the transaction in my bank statement.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Con , the payment type is more as a point of reference but if that's the case you can record it as a Bank Payment.

• GabrielaGabriela Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to upload a CSV file with income only? Meaning add income in bulk rather than one at a time?

edited March 8, 2021
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Gabriela !

If you'd like, before uploading your CSV file you can edit it and remove all of your transactions that are not income before uploading it. This will have to be actioned manually though.

edited March 12, 2021
  • Kris000_reiningmareKris000_reiningmare Member Posts: 1

It still will not let me post an income or expense with a value of $12,000