Options

Change Payment Method After Invoice Sent

Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 6

I sent myself a test invoice and decided to try out the Bank Payment method. To my great surprise, none of my banks are supported. I cannot make an eCheck payment via Wave. (Preferring to not be nickle and dimed with fees, I use credit unions.)

So I tried to switch the allowed payment method to include credit cards, and discovered that there's no way to do so. It only offers me the option to manually enter one, not to enable credit cards and if needed for some reason resend the invoice. This is a problem, because customers change their minds and I bill differently depending on the method of payment they prefer.

It looks like I actually have to delete and recreate the invoice.

Please consider adding the ability to change allowed online payment methods after an invoice has been sent.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Timothy, thanks so much for taking the time to post. I'm happy to pass along your findings to our Product Team.

While I cannot say for sure what the thinking behind this design choice was at the time, my guess would be that this is a precaution to avoid a scenario where payment options for a sent invoice were changed by accident. Even in a very small window, this could result in a customer paying using an unwanted method.

However, we're always looking to prioritize ease and simplicity and yours is great feedback around that. Thank you again.