Protect your business: best practices for accepting credit cards

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageProtect your business: best practices for accepting credit cards

Accepting credit cards is convenient for your customers, and gets you paid faster, but as with any financial transaction there are risks and precautions you should be aware of. Fortunately, observi...

Read the full story here

edited February 1, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• RDBRDB Member Posts: 1

After a transaction takes place, when does the window of opportunity to initiate a chargeback end? Or can a chargeback happen anytime, months or even years later?

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

hey @RDB, the length of time a customer has to initiate a chargeback varies by card provider (Visa, Mastercard, etc) but generally speaking the customer has between 75 and 120 days after the transaction was completed.

• Mf78912Mf78912 Member Posts: 1
    Why can’t I accept credit card payments through my invoices connected to my business account
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mf78912 !

Just a heads up, I have sent you a DM about this. Please be sure to check your DM's at your earliest convenience.

edited January 5, 2021
  • LaurieFLaurieF Member Posts: 3

That's a great article and we have been good in the past with recognizing these, with 20 years in business though. :)

• LaurieFLaurieF Member Posts: 3

You charged my customers then immediately refunded them! Only a handful of customers are coming up on the list and not the others. I REALLY need to know who I need to bill again. This is CRAZY!!! My customers are freaking out that their cards aren't working and I've been trying to get help for weeks now! This is a terrible way to do business and your customer service is absolutely non-existent. I would certainly NEVER recommend your services to anyone, as there are so many other service providers to chose from.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @LaurieF , I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had getting ahold of us. I see that one of our Support agents reached out to you last week via email explaining the situation and how you can find your payments. If you do have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the agent directly who can get you straightened out.

• Kyle_H1982Kyle_H1982 Member Posts: 1
    I had an 11,750 payment go through on the 25th of may. Today is the 4th and it still isn’t released to my business account. The estimated arrival date was no later than the 3rd. How can they tie the money up for a 1/3 of a month?
  • KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @Kyle_H1982 ,

I can see that the payment you received was made via an ACH payment, which can take up to 7 business days to process, and doesn't include weekends or holidays.

That said, I see that you've already spoken with our Risk team via email regarding this payout. If you have any more questions please let them know via email and they can assist you!

• PeakBodyCoachPeakBodyCoach Member Posts: 2

I have sent two emails already and have not received a response. All credit card charges are not being allowed. My clients are all emailing them asking me why their payments have not gone through. I need help ASAP!

• babyblue_21227babyblue_21227 Member Posts: 1

I received this message about my scheduled payout and would like to know what it means and how long I can expect my account to be on hold: Your account is currently under review. For security reasons, your payouts have temporarily been disabled. Payouts won't be available until our review is complete. For more information, connect with our support team.