PayPal Integration

13»

Comments

• Options
    francois12ukfrancois12uk Member Posts: 16

OK, great, thanks.

• Options
    ProfessorJackalProfessorJackal Member Posts: 0

My paypal integration stopped working, and now I can't find it anywhere in the intergration area, it seem to have gone.

edited March 2, 2020
  • Options
    netologynetology Member Posts: 6

Greetings all - I have recently found that my PayPal integration stopped importing in June of last year, changing the import date as @Charlotte mentions, appears to have refreshed the connection and imported about 90 days of recent transactions. Not sure if it will be reliable moving forward since this thread goes back to 2018.

Perhaps - change the import date every month or?

Seems some have issues of a broken state which brought me to question alternative auto methods other than manual CSV (the plug-in) makes it easier but none the less still a manual action.

On that note, anyone here using Zapier? expensive as the PayPal to Wave is a premium app and requires 20 bucks per month paid for 1 year, or 25.00 per month

Anyone using Zapier is it worth it? Reliable?

Thanks!

Dave

edited February 17, 2020
  • Options
    carmenfcarmenf Member Posts: 5

Hi all. I have no clue about what to do with my PayPal integration. I've solved the problem of automatically importing changing the import date, and that's ok for me. The problem is that my Paypal account has two different currencies, and Wave has created two different accounts, one in euros one in swiss francs (that is the currency of my business) The result is I have two different Paypal accounts at wave, and is difficult for me to maintain a clear accounting.

I've tried to merge the two accounts manually, changing all movements manually from the one in euros to the main one in chf, but the problem is the currency doesn't change and the numbers are wrong (if the amount is 36 euros in the original one, it still will reflect 36chf in the new and main one). I don't know if I explain myself clearly :-(

It is something that I can do to solve this mess? Any help is welcomed !

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @carmenf. I'm not sure that I fully understand the situation here. I'm not sure that I've heard of an account that carries multiple currencies within it, mainly because though you would have the ability to make or receive foreign transactions into an account, most commonly it would convert and deposit it into your home currency, which is why the integration is understanding this as 2 different accounts in Wave. I trust that what you are describing could be a valid account - albeit quite unorthodox - however, I'm not the most familiar with PayPal in these terms. In saying that, it might be an account type that is extremely unique and not fully compatible with the way that the PayPal integration works. In Wave, it is only possible to have one currency per account, and so this is a limitation that even if the PayPal integration allowed for multicurrency account, Wave would not be able to handle this.

• Options
    GabrielleGibsonGabrielleGibson Member Posts: 5

So I'm am having a hard time understanding why the transactions are duplicated in a sense I have an invoice that is considered paid and green. The client pays the invoice from PayPal and the transaction shows as green as well with the fee. I split the transaction successfully but now there are now two transactions 1) as paid from wave with the full amount and 1) as paid from paypal with the transaction fee. Won't both of these show as credits on my financials? Is there a way to merge the transactions so it shows as one?

edited April 9, 2021
  • Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @GabrielleGibson !

If you are importing your PayPal payment transactions, there is no need to mark your invoices as paid manually as well as this will result in duplicate transactions. Instead, you will just want to categorize your PayPal payment transaction as a Payment received for an invoice in Wave > the invoice in question. This will then mark your invoice as paid automatically without generating a second invoice payment transaction. Then, to record PayPal's fee deduction, you can split your transaction and record the fees using this workflow.

If you'd like to learn more about duplicate transactions, feel free to checkout this Help Center article.

edited April 14, 2021