Dashboard upgrades: Your business at a glance

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageDashboard upgrades: Your business at a glance

Your Dashboard is the first place you’ll land when you log into Wave and is intended to help you quickly gather insights regarding the health of your business. We’ve made some changes to help you d...

Read the full story here

edited February 10, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• johkjohk Member Posts: 3

How can I modify the date extent for the graph?

• AcademyOfDanceAcademyOfDance Member Posts: 1

Hi, my cash flow and expense breakdown charts appear to be recording my payroll expenditures twice - once for the journal entry and once for the actual checks that clear. How do I fix this?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @AcademyOfDance . Your checks should be categorized as Payroll Liabilities, which will bring down the liabilities created when your payroll is run. This will zero everything out for you and show the correct data.

• WoodwormWoodworm Member Posts: 2

Any chance you could allow the Dashboard to be customised? The cashflow is of no interest to me, but the summary of income and expenditure and bank balances would be much more useful

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Woodworm

My apologies that this is not a feature available yet. It's something that our accounting team is hoping for down the line however sadly we don't have a customizable dashboard at this time.

• InlandicgInlandicg Member Posts: 2

I would also like to customize my Dashboard. Specifically, to only show year-to-date financial information (user defined).

• DMAjicDMAjic Member Posts: 14

Showing my bank balance was the most used feature of the old Dashboard.

• trober12trober12 Member Posts: 1

Connected accounts like banking and credit cards are no longer displayed on the the dashboard?? Here I am thinking that this was a temporary problem wiith the upgrade. Not good!

edited January 13, 2020
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 1

Agree with comments on connected accounts. That's the part I look at first.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

I'd love to quote one of my partners in Product Design here at Wave with regards to balances showing in the dashboard:

@mjh said:
    Adding back the banking accounts balance to the Dashboard is next on our priority list.

Totally appreciate your input and patience here and understand where you're coming from - all I can ask is for you all to hang tight a little while longer - we're on it!

• DrGage_AESincDrGage_AESinc Member Posts: 1

Please put back the connected accounts on the dashboard. This also had a "refresh" or update button that was helpful for pulling in new transactions so that I can be better informed and act accordingly. Please consider. Thanks.

• tatiavtatiav Member Posts: 10

Yes! I agree! I liked it when I could manually refresh the account to bring in current transactions. Now I have to wait until they appear, which could be several days before I can categorize entries.

• mclunepivotmclunepivot Member Posts: 9

Please bring back the connected bank and credit cards on the dashboard. I relied heavily on that view on the dashboard and to quickly refresh the connection for new transactions. That is part of the health of your business!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@DrGage_AESinc @tatiav @mclune Thanks for this feedback. The team is actually working on a dashboard balance which will be the next product that they're releasing. Hang tight as we are working on it!

• FAWFAW Member Posts: 3

When I log in to Wave, the first page I get is a new Invoice, not Dashboard. How do I change this back?

• GSAGSA Member Posts: 1

Hello, when will you bring back the dashboard that showed Bank and other account balances? This was one of the most useful piece on the homepage and is missing with the upgrade. Appreciate a response, Thanks.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @FAW! That's an odd one, can you send us a screenshot of the invoice page that pops up? Is this happening each time you log in?

@GSA Thanks for your feedback here, this is a feature that we're rolling out progressively and is one of our teams' top priorities in restoring functionality.

• HelenaHelena Member Posts: 1

The Expenses Breakdown within Dashboard gives the following message, even though I have multiple expenses entries within my Transactions: -
    "There isn't any data to display.
    A chart will appear here if you add some data for this time period."

Any ideas why no chart data is available?

Thanks, Helena.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Helena

Could you try clearing your browser cache and cookies and refreshing to see whether this issue has been fixed? Also if you wouldn't mind posting a screenshot of the error so we can get a better sense of what might be happening? Thanks so much.

• KirshyKirshy Member Posts: 2

For some reason the Cash Flow and Profit and Loss graphs on my dashboard don't show the current month. You have to zoom way in to view those. There is now scroll bar at the bottom of the graphs to slide over to view them either. Is this a programing error? You have to fix this. Also under Net Income can you add Sales Tax and Gross Profit to the current information displayed.

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Kirshy , the Cash Flow and Profit and Loss bar graphs on the Dashboard can show you the last 12 months or last 24 month of data. Currently the graph does not have a feature which can show only the most current month but I do appreciate you reaching out about this as well as the additions to the Net Income section of the Dashboard. Wave is always looking to improve so thank you for sharing your feedback!