Sending an invoice by SMS

AshokAshok Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to send the recorded payment status through SMS to the customer mobile number? Currently, there is only an option to send invoice to e-mail address.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ashok.

No, you are right, the only way to do it natively on Wave is through e-mail. You could always take a picture of the invoice or the receipt and send it to your client yourself, but there isn't any way to do it directly through Wave Invoice.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ashok, I wanted to reach out and clarify there is a way to send invoices through other means, but it is fairly limited and depends on the apps on your phone. It can only be done through the Wave Invoice phone app.

When comes the time to send out an invoice, you can click on the three dots next to the Send Invoice button, and choose another app to send the message through. Your text message app should be an option. This will only send a link to the invoice, so your clients will still need internet access to be able to see the invoice.

Receipts, however, can only be sent by e-mail.

If it's something you need for your business, I'd recommend reading through this post, and describing the functionality you're interested in in a separate post.

edited March 17, 2018
  • Lappii56Lappii56 Member Posts: 1

I am also very concerned about the sales of my business. I want to get good results but it is not easy to find appropriate services to get high ticket clients. Someone suggested using the text marketing for real estate agents. Can you share your opinion about this technique?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lappii56 . I can't comment on this other company's product as I'm unfamiliar with it. Please try to keep comments in this thread related to the topic: Wave's SMS service for invoicing.

• KileyFKileyF Member Posts: 1
    > @Alexia said:
    > Hi @Ashok, I wanted to reach out and clarify there is a way to send invoices through other means, but it is fairly limited and depends on the apps on your phone. It can only be done through the Wave Invoice phone app.
    >
    > When comes the time to send out an invoice, you can click on the three dots next to the Send Invoice button, and choose another app to send the message through. Your text message app should be an option. This will only send a link to the invoice, so your clients will still need internet access to be able to see the invoice.
    >
    > Receipts, however, can only be sent by e-mail.
    >
    > If it's something you need for your business, I'd recommend reading through this post, and describing the functionality you're interested in in a separate post.

Hello, I'm reading this in 2022, I posted a moment ago that I don't have three dots but I'm editing my comment because now I see that when you're all ready to send, instead of pushing the Send Invoice button (bottom right on my iPhone app) it's the More button (top right). I'm so glad! You can share it to any app on your phone, including Facebook messenger or your texting app.

Thanks,
    Kiley
    edited May 5, 2022