Trying to access Wave Connect

scout_treasscout_treas Member Posts: 24

I am getting the following error message when trying to launch the Wave Connect add-on from Google Sheets -

This action is not supported while logged into multiple accounts in the same domain or multiple consumer accounts. Please log out and try again.

I have completely logged out of everything, shut down the computer and logged back in and still receive the same message.

Comments

• PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Thanks for reporting this. We've not seen this issue before, but doing a bit of a Google search, I'm seeing some reports of this exact message with other add-ons. I've also turned up an issue logged with Google since 2017, that has a number of developers reporting the same issue.
    Looking at our logs on Wave Connect, I'm seeing no errors yesterday evening, so it's clear this issue is occurring within Sheets, which is not even attempting to invoke the Wave Connect Add-on. This means, I think, that you're going to have to resolve this by carefully ensuring you are not in the state of being logged into multiple Google accounts when you are trying to use Wave Connect.
    You've mentioned that you closed and re-started your computer, but you did not mention if you actively logged out of the open Google accounts first, and cleared your cookies and cache. If you did not, I'd suggest doing this and trying again.
    Alternatively, users who have reported this issue with other add-ons have confirmed that they were able to sign into just the account they wanted in an Incognito browser session, and run add-ons successfully, so that would be worth trying, too.
    Please let me know which of these solutions works for you, or if you continue to experience issues.

• scout_treasscout_treas Member Posts: 24

@PaulC - I did try this in incognito and was able to access everything with no problems. Then signed out of Wave Connect from the add-on.
    I then opened a new browser and google sheet, tried to connect and it would open and log me into Wave, and I would not get the successfully connected screen.
    So I then made sure that I was logged out of all Gmail accounts, then in Chrome, I cleared my history and cache. Closed Chrome and re-opened. Logged into my Gmail account that I use for Wave. Then opened a new Google Sheet and connected to Wave Connect and received the Successfully Connected page. I then went back to the Wave Connect add-on and I then had all the options (Download, Upload, Reports... )
    I hope this assists in any further troubleshooting and or changes to the Google Apps Script, as that is the page where I was receiving the message at (This action is not supported while logged into multiple accounts in the same domain or multiple consumer accounts. Please log out and try again.)
    Please let me know if you would like any further clarification on this. I am glad to assist.

edited February 14, 2019
  • PaulCPaulC Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

Thanks @scout_treas. Appreciate the additional detail here!

• CodeConnectPtyLtdCodeConnectPtyLtd Member Posts: 5

So glad that I found this post and I really appreciate the detail in the solution. I was pulling my hair out for hours on this.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@CodeConnectPtyLtd Sweet! Glad this discussion was helpful for you! :)