Why no PayPal payment option

kevinfreelskevinfreels Member Posts: 8

It seems that I can import paypal payment data into the accounting system but currently there is no way to actually have a customer select PayPal as a payment option. Instead, if a customer wants to pay through PayPal, I have to go into PayPal and create a separate invoice to send to them directly through PayPal. This is awkward as many customers like to pay through PayPal and on my end the payment is processed instantly instead of having to wait 2-3 days. I would really like the option to simply include PayPal as an option along with other cards and ACH.

Comments

• WebSite101WebSite101 Member Posts: 1

Agree with Kevinfreels - Just signed up thinking I could integrate PayPal into invoices and was disappointed that it's not an option for invoice payments. Many clients are used to that payment option and this means I need to transfer that income to the bank account to include in record keeping. The speed of transaction processing is also important to me since non-repeating and small one time payments are usually too much trouble to set up ACH.

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @kevinfreels and @WebSite101, although we don't integrate with PayPal for payment processing (since we built our own processing platform instead), I know a lot of people make this work by adding links to their PayPal payment pages in the Notes section on your invoices. I'm not sure if this is something that you can do or not, although I've heard it's a decent workaround/way of including a PayPal option on your invoices.

• vannemicvannemic Member Posts: 9

It would be great for the links to be clickable though, to make it easier on clients so they don't have to try and copy and paste the links.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @vannemic -- When you send the client an invoice they should have the option to click on a payment link so they can enter in their information manually (you shouldn't have to copy/paste the link to them -- it should be clickable via the invoice itself).

• vannemicvannemic Member Posts: 9

Hi @JamieD, we are referring to links in the notes or footer of the invoice. As of now, if we put links in the notes section or footer of the invoice, they are not clickable, they just show as plain text. So, if a client wants to go to that link, they have to copy and paste it.

For instance, here is a clickable link: www.google.com
    And, here is the plain text (not-clickable) link that it shows up as on the invoice: www.google.com

edited April 17, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @vannemic, I'm afraid it is not possible to send a clickable link in your invoice. If you're customers need to access that link they will have to copy & paste it into their URL bar.

• dan_ruffdan_ruff Member Posts: 6

Do you have any plan to fully integrate PayPal as a payment option?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @dan_ruff

Currently we only offer an integration to import your PayPal transactions. In regards to accepting payments through PayPal on invoices, this is something that our third party banking partner won't allow. They are only able to approve and verify bank account information through a secure banking portal, but unable to get any insight into a PayPal account. So until that changes, we likely won't be seeing this on our end either, and we've heard of no updates coming through regarding this. Take care!

• dan_ruffdan_ruff Member Posts: 6

Thank you Barsin, that's clear and understandable.