How to set up Wave with Zapier

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to set up Wave with Zapier

Zapier is a service that can help you connect Wave to some of the tools you use throughout your day. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate many of your w...

Read the full story here

edited February 15, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• Jayme_Joyce1Jayme_Joyce1 Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to integrate some sort of time sheet app like Harvest for employees to enter their own payroll hours? In other words an employee operated clock in and clock out system?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jayme_Joyce1, I just poked around in the Integrations page, and it looks like the answer is yes, so it's definitely worth seeing if you can implement this into your Wave workflows!

• elviselvis Member Posts: 1

I'm using Zapier to connect Woocommerce with Wave, but it brings in sales with the wrong Currency (USD when my Wave account is in GBP).

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @elvis . Can you check that the account that these transactions are being imported into (in your Chart of Accounts) is set up in GBP and not USD? If the account itself is set up in a different currency, it will display in that currency.

• joe_gabrielejoe_gabriele Member Posts: 5

I have Zapier connected, but it appears I can only bill for 1 line item and must manually add an additional charges. Do you know if this is true? Any work arounds? Thanks

Another question is, when will you guys come out with additional Zaps, such as When this happens: “Payment Received” and Then do this “Create Bill” functionality.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @joe_gabriele. Could you please confirm which Zap you are using when you are creating a bill in Wave? In terms of releases for our Zapier integration -- we're still looking into what is best for our users and are hoping to continually work with them to see what other software integrations will work best in Wave.

My zap is to create a New Invoice from a Trello Card. It only allows me to pick 1 line item and then a tax. I would like to invoice for 2 line items.

Hi @joe_gabriele . Thanks for breaking down exactly what you're looking for with the Trello zap. To reiterate what Jamie said, it helps to know what's useful as well as what improvements would help with your workflow so that we can try to build them out accordingly. Thanks for this feedback, I'll pass it onto the team.

• snccsncc Member Posts: 3

I'm trying to use the "Record Sale" zap and I am up to the "Payment Deposit Account" and it is not showing up any of my bank accounts to choose from. Any reason this is not working?

Hi @sncc . The "Payment Deposit Account" should show any bank accounts that you have listed in your Chart of Accounts in Wave. Please ensure that your bank account has been created as an account in your Chart of Accounts under Assets > Cash and Bank. This will allow you to select it as the deposit account.

@alexlewiszarkos I do have a number of accounts under Assets>Cash and Bank. But none of them are coming up as an option. I even created a new one just in case. I believe the problem is on the connectino between Zapier and Wave.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

@sncc thank you for the update, and you are definitely correct on that point! We're looking into this now and hopefully will be able to roll out a fix soon. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience in the interim though!

Any updates on this getting fixed? I'd love to be able to use this feature

• KaewenKaewen Member Posts: 5

Hi Wave Team.
    Ive been using Zapier to capture my sales from Shopify and import them into Wave for the past 2 years. Everything was smooth till a few weeks back, then my zaps wouldnt go thru. After some troubleshooting with the Zapier team, they concluded the issue is with the Wave side.
    I have a few business accounts. All of them import fine, except for the one that I use everyday. Is there anyone i can contact for this issue?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Kaewen! Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your integration. It looks like our team has followed up with you in another thread: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/33210#Comment_33210

edited April 29, 2020
  • IritIrit Member Posts: 5

I just want o know how to get the PayPal payment from a customer into the Wave system. That was easy to do a few months ago and now I ask about PayPal and being answered about Zap, Zapier, Google sheets...
    What?????

Hi @Irit , I'm not sure if you used to use our PayPal integration but it has been discontinued. As it seems like it may have already been mentioned to you, you can integrate with PayPal through Zapier as one alternative.

You can also add your transactions into Wave by uploading PayPal bank statements into our free Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect. Check out our Help Center article linked above for more information on how to do so.

Last but not least, you can manually enter in your PayPal transaction details if that works best for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions about any of these specific methods and I'd be happy to help answer them!

• unusual1unusual1 Member Posts: 5

useless, insufficient info