Why can't I bulk edit certain transactions?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhy can't I bulk edit certain transactions?

Transactions can only be bulk edited if they qualify for all the changes you're trying to make. Here, we'll walk through some of the common reasons bulk editing may fail with certain transactions.

Read the full story here

edited February 19, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• SandraKWSandraKW Member Posts: 7

I don't know why you even keep asking me to categorize what's already been categorized exactly like they already are!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @SandraKW. Could you please elaborate a little more into what exactly you are experiencing in terms of your transactions already being categorized? I'm assuming that we are trying to auto-categorize specific transactions that have already been edited, but if you could please confirm, that would be super helpful here.

• SandraKWSandraKW Member Posts: 7

WAVE keeps asking me if I would like to bulk-categorize certain transactions because they look similar to other transactions. I know all of my previous transactions have already been correctly categorized. By me. But I did it anyway (once) after so many prompts and now I'm wondering if I screwed it up. I don't know why it keeps asking me this. Besides, this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as new problems with WAVE since you "updated" it. Why is it telling me I haven't reconciled hardly anything when every single month has been reconciled (by me) since I opened my business 3 1/2 years ago? And why can't I just check each item off as I reconcile it to my bankbook and statement? And why can't I change the dates of the reconciliation report (which is useless to me) to include checks written but not cashed in the same month? Also, when I add a new customer to a transaction, it takes me to a whole new page, then I add them, then I go back and they're still not there and I have to close WAVE entirely and open it back up, then go back to the original transaction to find the new customer and then add them. This new version is totally un-intuitive. I want to be able to go back to the previous version of WAVE. Is there any way to do that? This new one is terrible!! Why fix something that's not broken?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @SandraKW . We hear you loud and clear and we're working on making changes that will solve the issues that you're having. If you haven't already seen it, please take a look at what Mani said on Feb 25th in the following thread. I wouldn't be able to say it better than he has already. https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/14200#Comment_14200

edited February 27, 2019
  • MrMagoo_3MrMagoo_3 Member Posts: 1

Can I bulk categorize receipts?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@MrMagoo_3 at this time you can't, although that's a great suggestion!

• markcareymarkcarey Member Posts: 2

I just encountered this error for a different reason that those described above: the error will occur when try to bulk move transactions to an account with a different currency. For example if you try to bulk move from a CAD account to a USD account. As a more general suggestion, it would be super helpful if the error dialog could explain the actual reason -- it would save tons of time trying to solve the mystery. ;)

• JeffDJeffD Member Posts: 10

There is no information when performing a bulk transaction to change ACCOUNTS.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @JeffD !

If you are looking to change the account selected on your transactions in bulk, feel free to reference our handy Help Center article here: How to use bulk actions on transactions

• DarcyDoodleDarcyDoodle Member Posts: 2

The examples provided are not even close to explaining why my attempt to bulk categorize may have failed. Every single item that I selected to bulk categorize was identical "TSYS" yet only some were categorized :(

edited May 23, 2021
  • NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @DarcyDoodle I'd like to learn more about the transaction details and what you're experiencing when you try to use the bulk categorization tool. Can you please provide more details on the transactions - are they deposits/expenses, what categorize are they being categorized into, how many transactions are selected, what is the end results...etc. If you can please share a screenshot of any error you're seeing and a tranaction detail, I can take a closer look.

• socalwaveusersocalwaveuser Member Posts: 1

I am a service provider and I wondering if there is a way to default all income transactions as "services." I am having problems bulk editing my income transaction lines and the error reason does not seemed to addressed above.

• MuziMuzi Member Posts: 3

i am unable to edit or delete a sales payment i posted against an invoice have tried to clear cache and try, have tried incognito mode, have tried from transactions and from sales. every single way get error message

• MuziMuzi Member Posts: 3

when trying to change the amount or date or account ....