Automated Reccuring Invoice Receipt

oluolu Member Posts: 1

When a recurring invoice is paid. What type automated invoice receipt does the customer receive

can we customise it anywhere. I will like to send the customer an automated downloadable copy of the paid invoice via email.

So in this scenario, a customer only receives one email on invoice generation day, which is thank you for your purchase and a copy of the paid invoice which is marked as paid in the email

does wave support this? is there a template to customise the email ?

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @olu, that will depend on how they paid. If it was an automatic withdrawal, instead of receiving the invoice, they will receive a receipt with a link to the invoice. However, if they are manually paying recurring invoices, the only receipt currently sent is the first invoice (which will now be marked as paid off). To send out an additional receipt, you'd need to head over to Sales > Invoices, find the invoice under the All column, and click the send receipt button to the right. We are looking to making this a lot more customizable though, and thank you for the feedback! We're actually looking to improve invoices in terms of this sort of customizability, so while feedback is always welcome, it's extra welcome right now!

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @olu - I was able to clarify my answer with our Product Team and I just wanted to update you on some details I missed!

The tl;dr answer in this case would be that yes, Wave does support this. When you set up the recurring invoice, you customize the content of receipt and can choose to send a copy of the invoice to them. If the automatic payment fails to charge their card, they’ll receive a copy of the invoice instead of the receipt confirming payment. If you are using manual payments, we do not have automatic receipts and you can choose to send one when you record the payment for the invoice (via Sales > Invoices).