Options

Payment Voucher

rosslimjocorosslimjoco Member Posts: 1

Can wave software general payment voucher and receipt? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @rosslimjoco, it would depend on how you want a payment voucher to show. Would this be a sort of pre-payment credit that would be applied to an invoice later on? If this is the case, unfortunately Wave at the moment isn't able to generate credit notes. You could apply a partial payment to an invoice, which would remain open until the full value is paid off though. And once an invoice is paid off, you can send out a receipt for payment (the user will also have a copy of the paid invoice in their email after having paid it as well, if paid online). Invoices marked as paid outside of Wave will also be able to generate receipts to be sent to the customer.

• Options
    NIDONIDO Member Posts: 2

I need to generate payment and receipt voucher for maintaining accounting books required as per law how wave can help achieve this

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @NIDO . When an invoice has been paid, you can mark it as such and send a receipt to your customer showing the payment. If you have any questions specifically about the functionality of this, let me know. As a platform, Wave was created to be very intuitive, and because it's free I'd encourage you to jump in and play around with it to see if it works for you!

• Options
    Habiba_Begum786Habiba_Begum786 Member Posts: 1

How do i issue Payment Voucher once i paid my photographers?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Habiba_Begum786 . Can you further explain how this works in regards to your business? You pay your photographers and then they receive a payment voucher for something?

• Options
    issaczzzissaczzz Member Posts: 3

I think it's like making a purchase. For example, @Habiba_Begum786 hired a photographer, and they paid for the services. However, the photographer did not issue an invoice to @Habiba_Begum786, can @Habiba_Begum786 issue a "Payment Voucher" stated that this $XXX amount were spent and paid for photography services?

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @issaczzz! I'm thinking that this Help Center article here might help :)

• Options
    malleymalley Member Posts: 4

Hi, I have a similar issue and I will try to explain it to @AlexL .

1. In my business I have sub contractors.
    2. These sub contractors invoice me for their services
    3. I upload there invoices as receipts
    4. In COA, I created a liability account called Accrued liabilities
    5. In receipts, I apply the payment against accrued liabilities
    6. When I pay from my account, then under transactions I apply the paid amount against accrued liabilities. This step offsets and balances the accrued liabilities account and allows me to pay my sub contractor
    7. NOW (as per law in some countries) and a generally good practice. I need to issue a my sub contractor a document called "payment voucher" that is a receipt or proof that we (the company) has paid you (sub contractor) in full and nothing is outstanding.

Can you please advise, how can I create a payment voucher or any other way to provide this proof of payment to my sub contractor.

• Options
    Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @malley!

Thanks for the detailed info about your workflow — that's super helpful! As far as I understand it, steps 1-6 above are for the bookkeeping portion of this transaction (which is a great system btw, so well done with that), while step 7 has not to do with the bookkeeping aspect, but rather, of simply generating a document (similar to an invoice) that you can provide to your contractors as a proof of payment of sorts.

If that's the case, what you can do is simply create a new invoice, but change the title from "Invoice" to "Payment Voucher" and the invoice number from something like "1" to "PM 1" (or whatever your preference is). Then, you can add all of the work that was contracted and paid for to the invoice and save it. Once it's saved, you can download/export a .pdf of the invoice to send to your contractor, and then delete it from your Wave account (as if you leave it undeleted, it will effect your books).

I know that isn't an ideal work around, but it would at the very least allow you the ability to provide a Payment Voucher-like document to your contractors on the same or similar letterhead, with your logo, contact info, etc. from Wave.