How to add an expense transaction

13»

Comments

• noparticularnamenoparticularname Member Posts: 3

thanks Alex, i have been doing that. please consider my post a feature request: being able to set up a recurring transaction would be a basic and desirable feature. i feel like many of the answers here are trying to convince me that recurring transactions are a bad feature for Wave to aspire to.

• ChrisCdoeshertax_3ChrisCdoeshertax_3 Member Posts: 2

"Can I speak to George Kostanza:" Thanks for your help!

• oaxxyoaxxy Member Posts: 1

How do I create an expense that is not withdrawn from an account? It seems that an expense needs to be linked to an account transaction, but that's not the case for some of our expenses (ex. cash, PayPal, personal credit card for a sole proprietorship). Please help.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @oaxxy !

When recording a transaction, even if it's related to your PayPal account, personal credit card, etc. it needs to have an account selected. If you don't see the account you wish to select, you can create it by heading over to your Accounting > Chart of Accounts page and selecting the blue "Add a New Account" button.

edited June 25, 2021
  • Studio14Studio14 Member Posts: 1

Hi, when adding a new expense manually, they are sometimes in USD, even though my default is CDN. Is there a way to change the currency for a new expense transaction?