Check out Wave Checkout: ideas for your business

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageCheck out Wave Checkout: ideas for your business

You can set one up in under a minute, and it can be anywhere your customers are – read on for more ways Wave Checkout can open your business up to a larger audience!
Create your first checkout by c...

Read the full story here

edited February 21, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• DeanTheTaxGuyDeanTheTaxGuy Member Posts: 4

How would I be able to add a referral discount to an existing client's invoice and also create a new, referred client invoice with a referral credit on it as well with data input by the client on my wordpress based website?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @DeanTheTaxGuy - I don't think this would be possible directly with our checkouts, but I think with some third-party integration it may be possible. We have a partnership with Zapier which will allow you to generate 'Zaps' which are just automation instructions. So if one thing happens in a third-party, a corresponding action occurs in Wave, and vice versa. You can find out a little more here.

• sandberglosandberglo Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to use checkouts with an open ended donation?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @sandberglo

Unfortunately this not available with our current checkouts feature :(

My apologies about this.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• WasWas Member Posts: 2

When selling services and products from Ontario to other provinces and outside of Canada, how can I set up Checkouts to automatically charge the correct taxes? I sell online and would like to make this process automated otherwise I will have to manually setup invoices and Wave Checkouts would not help in my automation goals. What's your recommendation?

• ModernMilkmaidModernMilkmaid Member Posts: 7

I sell online and just discovered the checkouts feature. I'd love to use it, but I'm from BC and sell outside of Canada as well and only charge GST on goods and services sold to Canadians. If Wave ever decides to add a tax calculation feature I'd be eternally grateful!

• consultantconsultantconsultantconsultant Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to include a customized terms of service to our checkouts? Ideally one with a checkbox. (Kind of like we can currently to on invoices?) That would be a gamechanger.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @consultantconsultant , this isn't currently available but I'd be more than happy to take this as a feature idea for our team!

• ShanearoonieShanearoonie Member Posts: 6

I was looking also at the article about integrating with Squarespace. It seems it can only handle payments for fixed amounts, one item at a time. I'm setting up a commerce site on Squarespace where there will be a shopping cart into which customers could put several items at once, and they'll want to check out in a single transaction. Is that sort of integration planned for Squarespace?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Shanearoonie , we don't have any current plans to increase our Checkouts product to incorporate multiple items at once like a carting system would do.

• scohlendorfscohlendorf Member Posts: 1

Howdy @AlexL,
    The description says we can use it to "accept donations for a cause, or for a nonprofit organization." However, that would only be for pre-determined limits. Specifically for this feature, if not others, would you please modify the checkouts to allow for the payer to enter their own values for specific merchant determined products/services? This could drastically improve the functionality of this tool, so that organizations could accept flexible amounts, allow customers to donate the additional cents to round up their transactions to whole dollars, etc.

Pretty please? 🥺