Options

One check from customer to pay several invoices

Macsteamer1Macsteamer1 Member Posts: 1

I have customers that I invoice throughout the month and they pay for all those invoices with one check. I do not see a simple way to link that payment to all those invoices. This must be very common among small business. I'm impressed with Wave but this a deal breaker! Using Quickbooks for 17 years btw.

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Macsteamer1. There is a way to do it from the Transactions page.

Find the transaction for that deposited check. Click on it and on the menu on the right, under the Category drop-down menu, you'll see Split this deposit. Split it into as many parts as there are invoices to pay for. For each of the splits, choose Payment received for an invoice in Wave. It'll then show you a list of unpaid invoices. Choose the appropriate invoice for each of your deposit fragment, and you are done!

We noticed that you posted the same question a few times on here. Please only start a single discussion for a given question, as per the forum rules. It'll ensure that all new threads get equal visibility.

edited February 5, 2018
  • Options
    AntonAnton Member Posts: 2

@Alexia I've a similar problem (one check, multiple invoices) and have searched but not found the Category drop-down button to which you referred; consequently, I'm not sure that there's a "Split this deposit" option in my version of WAVE. What I see, when I select the drop-down button are the following options - Edit, Duplicate| Resend| Export as PDF, Print, Delete.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Options

@Anton You have to do this from the Transactions page, not the Invoices page.

• Options
    BGHBGH Member Posts: 1

So do you enter in the check manually through the Journal? In that case debiting your bank account and crediting Accounts Receivable?

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

@BGH ,

Recording an invoice payment is a little easier than that in Wave. Rather than creating a journal transaction, you can use an income transaction in the Transactions page to create a payment. All you have to do is set the category to "Payment for an Invoice in Wave" and choose the unpaid invoice from the dropdown menu that appears.

The bookkeeping that you're referring to (debiting bank and crediting AR) is all done in the background!

• Options
    IperiumRealEstateIperiumRealEstate Member Posts: 1

@Alexia said:
    @Anton You have to do this from the Transactions page, not the Invoices page.

Hi Alexia

Having followed your process and Split the deposit from the transactions page I (like Anton) cannot see the option "Payment received for an invoice in Wave".

Available Options are:

Transfer from Bank, Credit Card, or Loan
    Refund for Expense
    Sales Tax Refund From Government
    Income accounts
    Consulting Income
    Gain on Foreign Exchange
    Sales
    Uncategorized Income
    Asset Accounts
    Accounts Receivable
    Equity Accounts
    Owner Investment / Drawings
    Owner's Equity
    Liability Accounts
    Accounts Payable

As a workaround I can assign each "split" as "Sales" and assign the same customer to each. This would be sufficient (even if it isn't the process you described), except for the fact that subsequently creating a payment for each of the associated invoices from the invoice tab adds those transactions to the transaction page. Manually deleting these payments to remove the resulting double entry subsequently adds the associated invoices back to the overdue column, rendering the workaround invalid. Please advise. many thanks.

• Options

Hi, @IperiumRealEstate.

There seems to be something missing there. Could you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing? It'll make it easier for me to help.

As for splitting transactions to pay multiple invoices, you might find what you're looking for here.

• Options
    xincomxincom Member Posts: 6

@Alexia .. I have similiar issue. I don't see the "spilit" transaction feature or option.. I use Chrome, Safari, FireFox, even on Windows PC's Chrome and Edge, I don't see the option.

Attach is the screenshoot.

Thanks

• Options
    xincomxincom Member Posts: 6

@Alexia I Think I found something similar of what you are talking about.
    Attach photo here.

It does have a "Split "transaction feature. BUT...
    1.) . After it Splits, it only allows to change different "Description", not catagory.
    2.) . The split feature ONLY, if the transaction is "imported" or enter mannully. If I "accept" paymet / overpayment on the Invoice screen, and recorded the payment. Then, under the transaction page, the "split tranaction" feature won't show up.

• Options

Hi, @xincom.

You are right! For the old version of Wave, at least. The new version allows you to split payments that were recorded from the invoices page, but the old one doesn't. Your account is still using the old version but we're moving everyone over as soon as we're able to. Our goal right now is to be done with the migration within the next 3-6 months.

But that doesn't solve the problem you're dealing with right now, so let's do that! The process is pretty simple. You'll just have to delete that transaction on the Transactions page, and re-create it there. You'll then be able to split it as necessary and apply the different parts to different invoices.

• Options
    MarilynOg1_MarilynOg1_ Member Posts: 1

i havent gotten my payment since June 22nd 2018 and Wave is a SCAM of a Company because they have held my payment for 5 days now and i need my money it doesnt belong to you WAVE

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @MarilynOg1_ ! Brittany has reached out to you directly regarding updating your deposit account. If we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to let us know.