I have integrated my PayPal with wave but payments are not coming through

accounting4meaccounting4me Member Posts: 26

Hi there.
No PayPal transactions are showing up in wave

When I made a PayPal business account, PayPal asked me to confirm my bank account with two small deposits (3cents and 4cents)
Those small deposits have shown up on my bank statement.
I have made sales since that have gone into my PayPal account, (which where put on hold in PayPal because of the new account) and they didn't show up in wave. I assumed it was because they where on hold and were not "available funds".
But on the 21st of feb someone made a payment that went strait into my available funds in PayPal and the transaction is still not showing up in wave.
its the 27th now.

Can someone please help me figure out what I can do to make this work.

Comments

• accounting4meaccounting4me Member Posts: 26

Yep same here.
    Hopefully an easy fix.
    Im not having any issue with my business bank account.
    Its just PayPal, which is very annoying because all of my sales go through PayPal.

If anyone can help that would be amazing!

• jotcreativejotcreative Member Posts: 10

Exact same thing here. I've added and deleted it three times (which led to three duplicate accounts that I had to deal with/reconcile/delete, etc.). But since it shows up under "integrations" instead of bank accounts, there is no "update now" button. Help!

Hello? can anyone give some advice.
    How can I get these transactions into wave.
    Am I missing something?

I just did this and then it appeared in my Transaction:
    Integrations > Paypal > Pencil Icon > then click save button.

Can I just keep repeating this when a new payment comes through or will it make duplicates of transactions that have already uploaded?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @accounting4me @jotcreative @jpfeifer14

The integration has existed for years and was built for a legacy platform. As a result, it works in a very specific way and is prone to issues if the connecting PayPal account has certain attributes, or if the integration is manipulated in certain ways (repeated disconnects, etc.).

Limited troubleshooting is available for PayPal. To try to refresh your connection, navigate to Integrations and click on the edit icon to the right of the to edit that connection. You’ll be able adjust the date field to import from one day prior to the date you currently have listed. This may prompt a refresh of the connection. Refreshing the connection should not cause issues, but removing and re-adding it will create duplicates in your Chart of Accounts that require some effort to fix, so you'll want to proceed with caution.

If this doesn’t work, the connection is in a broken state. You’ll be able to add your transactions to Wave using a CSV file that you can easily export from PayPal. First, download your history. You’ll notice that the PayPal file contains a lot of extraneous data. You’ll want to reduce the columns until you have Date, Description, Amount as follows:

01/01/2015, Description 1, -250
    01/02/2015, Description 2, 550.50
    01/02/2015, Description 3, -120.75

Due to the nature of the integration, fixing issues on a single business basis isn’t always possible. We hear you, we’re listening, and our team is working to better understand these issues, what we can do to improve the experience, and where we’re able to offer workarounds. Thank you so much for any patience you’re able to extend our way in the meantime.

• jotcreativejotcreative Member Posts: 10

@Charlotte Thank you for the thorough update!

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

For sure - thanks for your time and patience. Please do let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime.