how to delete a business

YkingYking Member Posts: 18

Hi,
How can i permanently a delete a business from the wave accounting software ?

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @yousuf you can't outright delete businesses in Wave (by design). Instead, you'll have to archive them from the manage your profile > businesses page. This'll get them out of your way, while still allowing you to access them in case you ever needed to refer back to them. Hope that helps!

• YkingYking Member Posts: 18
  • seakayseakay Member Posts: 9

Hi @Ryan_W or other admins,

I too would like to find out how to delete a business. I understand wanting to only archive a business you've actually set up and used. However, when I signed up, I didn't have a choice to set up just a personal account, so I said "non-profit" and set up a fake account, but I don't actually have a business. I'm only using Wave for personal / family accounting. Can I delete the fake business that I never used? (I added a few categories, then found there is also a personal account and added those categories there.) Even just to archive the fake business account, it says I need to disconnect from payments, but I never set up any payments. I tried a few times and finally gave up. I can't find a support email address, and the chat program has been down each time I've tried. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Christy

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @seakay

As Ryan mentioned earlier you can only archive your business. This will make it inactive and should not appear in your list of businesses. If however you'd like to completely delete your entire Wave account (all businesses) and start over again you'll need to follow the steps in THIS ARTICLE

Hi @BarsinA

Your system won't let me archive my fake business either. It says I need to disconnect from payments first, but I never set up any payments. I tried a few times and finally gave up. I can't find a support email address, and the chat program has been down each time I've tried. It looks like it is a known problem - when will it be fixed? I marked my Personal account as default, but it still opens up to my unwanted fake business account each time instead. Any help would be appreciated! Can I open a Support ticket and have one of your staff manually archive that business?

• P_Zapp1P_Zapp1 Member Posts: 2

I'm getting an error when trying to archive a business.

Before you can archive this business, you must take the following actions.
    Disconnect your Payments account
    When you’re finished, reload this page to continue archiving this business.

I do not have any payment accounts connected to this business...? How do I solve this issue?

Update: I see that this is a known issue for 15+ months. Any update on the bug fix?

edited December 3, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @P_Zapp1 . This is a known bug (as you know) and we don't have a fix at the moment due to the complexity of it. We're hoping that this is something that we can revisit in the future although I can't guarantee it at the moment.

In the meantime, what you can do is add a "Z" to the beginning of your business, so that when you're searching for other businesses, it appears at the bottom of the list.

@AlexL,

I've added a Z at the beginning of the business I'd like to archive, and said to make my other account (Personal) my default, yet every single sign-in, it opens to the Z'd account. Please continue to push for a fix on either / both of these issues!

• JudieLJudieL Member Posts: 1

I would like to delete the one that says Personal, but there is no way to do this. It will only allow me to archive the bottom one, which is the one I want to keep.

edited May 7, 2021
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @JudieL !

As you have noticed, you cannot delete your Personal profile in your Wave account. This a default profile that is linked to every Wave account to store personal data and cannot be removed. Sorry about this.