Set up your Wave account before switching

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageSet up your Wave account before switching

Are you only looking for Payroll? Jump right to Switching from a payroll application.

Set up your chart of accounts

You probably have a set of accounts that you want to continue with. In the lef...

Read the full story here

edited March 3, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• erboserbos Member Posts: 1

How can I print the chart of accounts?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @erbos! I'm afraid it is not possible to print off your chart of accounts. But you can head to Reports > Account Transactions(General Ledger) Report and filter here by any of the accounts in your chart of accounts, you can then export a report including all transactions associated to this account, within a date range of your choice! I hope this helps :)

• eebeekleebeekl Member Posts: 1

How do I record opening brought forward balances and physical stock volume to start in Wave Accounting..

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @eebeekl! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! If you want to enter starting balances into Wave, I recommend taking a look at this Wave guide on the topic - How to enter starting balances in Wave. In terms of tracking and recording inventory in Wave, this guide might be handy to reference - Inventory entry & tracking. While we do offer this method to record inventory, this will only track the monetary value (not the physical units).

• mickthemetalsmithmickthemetalsmith Member Posts: 1

having connectivity issues that the bank cannot resolve. What are we doing wrong here?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

HI @mickthemetalsmith . What bank connection issues are you having? Let me know!

• JASJAS Member Posts: 1

I couldn't connect to my PNC account for a month. Then I learned that I needed to change settings in my credentials. Connected again, (great! or so I thought) Now when I update the connection I put my code like it asks, it refreshes, but says I last connected 2 weeks ago & none of my transactions are updated. I am beyond frustrated, this is seriously trying my patience & the swear jar is overflowing...please help.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @JAS, thanks for reaching out here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your bank connection. Our team have let me know that our data aggregator is still reporting an issue with connecting to PNC. This has been ongoing for some time, so explains why you have not been able to connect successfully. At the moment I don't have an ETA to provide on when this will be resolved. I empathize with your feelings of frustration but these connections can break from time to time. If you want further information on why they break you can read about this here. There are other ways you can get your transactional data into Wave as well! You can try using our CSV uploader, or Wave Connect.

• seedsmgmtseedsmgmt Member Posts: 3

I've tried using the CSV and the file needs so much cleaning up before Wave will read it is VERY frustrating!

@seedsmgmt Try using Wave Connect as I find it's usually a lot less work than a .csv file.

• JustinLevJustinLev Member Posts: 1

Looks like I am unable to print a simple check to our vendors using Wave. I'm not sure how you missed this but its a pretty common function in any accounting system. Unfortunately this software is useless. Thanks guys....

• MBN77MBN77 Member Posts: 1

Is it not possible to import a file from Quickbooks for new users of wave?

Hey @MBN77 , we don't currently have a function that will allow you to import a Quickbooks file to set up your Wave account.

edited October 16, 2020