Options

Edit Dashboard Cashflow Graph

shanhardshanhard Member Posts: 7

Is it possible to change the dashboard cashflow widget to include all income/expense accounts and not just the 'cash' account? If not, this would be a useful feature to include. In fact, having the ability to choose/customise which graph/report we display on the dashboard would be very handy.

Comments

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @shanhard! The Cashflow Chart is actually an intended feature on the dashboard because, even though in general Wave works off of an accrual accounting system, meaning that it recognizes transactions when an invoice or bill is created and not when cash is exchanged, this specific graph functions on a cash basis, allowing you to reference the actual payments moving in and out of your business at a quick glance. Whenever you pay a bill, record payment on an invoice, or add a withdrawal or deposit transaction you’ll be contributing to the inflow or outflow recorded on this graph.

The Dashboard is best place to gain an insight into your business at a glance. You can see an overview of what is due to be paid to you and what you are due to payout.

I'm afraid it is not possible to edit what is displayed on the dashboard, but I can definitely pass your suggestion onto the appropriate team :)

• Options

OK if what you say is true I think something is wrong with my graph! So much data is missing from my graph, is it possible to have someone from wave take a look?

edited March 11, 2019
  • Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @shanhard do you mind submitting a support request here so we can dig in a bit deeper? It'll be a bit messy trying to share the required information in public. Thanks!

• Options

I already did that, thanks Ryan.