How to prevent partial payment?

sumanth_shankarsumanth_shankar Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am testing the set up "pay by credit card" feature and would like to prevent customers from being able to edit the amount field in invoices. How can I do that? This is preventing us from getting started with payments using wave as a user will be able to do partial payments or enter a custom amount instead of the amount on the invoice
Please see below for example.

Comments

• waveuser09waveuser09 Member Posts: 1

+1 . How we can we prevent a user from editing the amount field?

The justification for such control seems like a no brainer, or perhaps I'm missing something?

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@sumanth_shankar @waveuser09 I'm afraid there isn't an available option to prevent the user from editing the amount field as payments by Wave allows for partial invoice payment as well as invoice overpayment!

• sumanth_shankarsumanth_shankar Member Posts: 2

Hi @ckeen_1244 ,

Too bad. But I/We still don't understand the reason why would anyone give the customer the ability to modify the amount field. It absolutely makes no sense. We are not able to rollout wave payments method to all customers because of this issue and we encourage them to do bank transfer.. This is the most important piece of functionality for wave as you also receive revenue when payments are made via wave. We want all our customers to use this feature but unfortunately we cannot provide such power to customers.

Is there a timeline when this feature would be implemented?

Kind Regards,
    Sumanth

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @sumanth_shankar

Unfortunately we in the support department are not given this kind of insight. All we can do is pass along the feedback to our developers who prioritize their to-do list. We are here to support you with any of the current features that exist in Wave and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further feedback or questions. Take care.