1099 Contractor Payroll

nofd1236nofd1236 Member Posts: 3

Is there a way to pay my 1099 contractors by piece/service? I invoice them by pieces assembled or service conducted. I would love to be able to pull an invoice and see what their payroll by the invoice would be?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @nofd1236. Please correct me if I'm wrong here but it sounds like you just want to pay your contractors through Products & Services that have been created in Wave (something that's possible, you can make it so that your products & service can be 'sold' as well as 'bought'). This would allow you to pay your 1099s in Wave for the same product & service that you originally invoiced them for.

• nofd1236nofd1236 Member Posts: 3

I suppose. I pay my contractors a profit share of each product sold. Does that make sense?

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@nofd1236 It does make sense ... but with that being said, you will still need to create a line item that is specific to the profit share on each product sold. It might make the product/service list heavy since it sounds like these would need to be pretty specific, unless you just wanted to created a single product/service called 'Profit Share' and then adjust the quantity to match up accordingly.