Adjust tax manually

pepacobospepacobos Member Posts: 1

I have an issue that is driving me crazy.... My prices are set including taxes and inside Wave there's no way they show the way they should. My tax rate is 21% and say my final price is 49€. If I enter the amount as 40.49€ the total shows as 48.99€ and if I enter 40.50€ the total goes up to 49.01€.
I know I can add a line with +0.01€ or -0.01€ but, there's no other way to do this easier?
I have hundreds of this invoices and it would be a pain to go one by one adjusting the cent.
Can I enter the final amount and have wave calculate how much would be the tax?
Or can I modify manually the tax amount?
This silly thing is stopping me from fully using wave.... Thanks!

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @pepacobos;

When it comes to tax rounding at Wave, this process is completed on a line-item level. What this means is that each product line will calculate the tax, round to 2 decimal places, then do the next product line. At the end, it will add up all the line item tax calculations and plug that in as a total tax in your invoice. Unfortunately, there is no way around that in our software at this time.

As a potential temporary workaround, feel free to add/discount item for $0.01 to charge the right amount and mark it as an adjustment entry for the time being.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @waveuser2 I really want to stress that we don't see free as a crutch or as an excuse to ignore customer feedback or pains. We never want to make you feel less professional when you're interacting with your client, or that your experience with Wave is heavily reliant on hacky workarounds to meet your needs. We appreciate the feedback and take it seriously.

I understand that you may feel you have to leave for this reason, but I'm wondering if you would be open to providing some additional context for the transactions where you encounter this issue? In the past, we've mostly discussed this issue in relation to UK or European tax calculations, but I can see that you're located in Canada. Is it that you quote a certain number before issuing the invoice, or something else I'm missing?