Mobile receipts: Working with Viewers and Editors

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageMobile receipts: Working with Viewers and Editors

We know that you may not be the only one responsible for tracking receipts for your business. In the new receipts app, other users of your account can upload receipts into a Wave account right from...

Read the full story here

edited March 6, 2019 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• JayaramanJayaraman Member Posts: 2

Please insert an option to send the receipt by WhatsApp. Also the complete invoice with receipt by whatsapp is a better option

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Jayaraman Appreciate your feedback here. I will make sure that your voice is heard and that this feature request is mentioned to our product team for an add in a future roadmap -- to get a stronger sense as to why this would be beneficial to our Wave users, could you please elaborate a little more on your workflow and how this would benefit you?

• GShafferGShaffer Member Posts: 1
    A great feature here would be to add functionality to add employees to be able to upload their receipts. When the receipts are uploaded our accountant should be able to view who they came from if you have multiple employees.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Wave's Community Forum @GShaffer and for sounding off with your thoughts on how we can continue to build out the user options in Wave. Within Wave, you can add users who can upload receipts into Wave for your business and you can do this through Settings > Users.

It sounds like you are also referring to having an audit trail with the receipts feature that would essentially say which user uploaded the receipt into Wave. While this sort of functionality doesn't yet exist, curious to hear from yourself (and other Wavers) about how this would improve your workflow?

• Aaron3011Aaron3011 Member Posts: 1
    Customers can’t open invoice in its current format so I can’t get paid.
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Aaron3011 . Can you further expand on the issue you're having with your customers opening your invoices?

• DonnieC_7DonnieC_7 Member Posts: 1

Anyone else have troubles downloading the receipts app? I have android, and in the play store only Wave accounting shows up. I tried the qr scan also and that didn't work.

edited January 15, 2020
  • plutekplutek Member Posts: 20

agreed, @DonnieC_7 ... i don't see the receipts app on Android either! :(
    later edit-- i did manage to get the app installed from the file downloaded via the QR code!

edited July 24, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @DonnieC_7 , what in particular is the issue with scanning the QR code. Are you getting an error message when attempting to do so?

• j_HKj_HK Member Posts: 6

I've set up 2 other users on the business as viewers. This allows them to scan and upload receipts via mobile app. This is great but different from what is stated here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000077186-User-permissions (Viewers cannot perform any actions on the business they are invited to. This includes creating and sending invoices, adding transaction data to the business account, uploading receipts, etc.) - no big deal, I like to allow a 0 access user (view only) the possibility of adding receipts through the mobile app.
    Another point: all users can view all receipts through the app. My setup for this business has 3 users: myself as the business owner and 2 viewers (to allow them to upload receipts). All 3 of us can see all receipts for that business.... this doesn't sound right either. Basically an employee with very limited access (viewer) can see all the receipts of the company including the ones of the business owner. However I do appreciate the possibility as a business owner to view receipts of everyone on the go and acting on them - categorizing etc. Sometimes employees don't know how to categorize the receipt.
    other questions arise following my experience: does the app only show receipts uploaded through the app or also the ones uploaded through the webapp? by email?
    Feature request: Could we also display the user who uploaded the receipt (I don't think that is possible today)? That should allow to create the silos to compartment only showing receipts uploaded by that user (lowest level - viewer) and still keep the global view for the higher level users (business owner / accountant).

edited November 27, 2020
  • JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello@j_HK !

Thanks for bring this to out attention. We have since made the appropriate changes to the Help Center article to no longer include "uploading receipts" in that section to avoid confusion. Regarding your second point, the Help Center article below may shed some light on this:

Currently we don't have a feature that lists a receipt's uploader. Other users have also expressed their interest in this feature idea and we have taken note of this!

Thanks again for reaching out. :smile:

• zepedazepeda Member Posts: 3
    Is there any way for an employee to be able to upload receipts but not edit or view any of the other information in our wave business? Zepeda painting@comcast.net
  • NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @zepeda I'm afraid there isn't a user permission that only allows users to have access to upload receipts and have no access to other information in Wave.